PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think life needs to be quality as well a quantity.

I'm a firm believer in having a good life / work balance: not sure my bosses agree wholeheartedly: they seem to prefer the ethos of work / life balance.

Having my first Occ Pen already in payment and eligible for the second when I take the notion my way rules. ;)

I'm seriously considering applying* for a couple of local jobs: slightly lower salary, (but actually more when combined with Occ Pen 2), no travel (well, actually a commute of 1.8 miles each way), less stress & minimal responsibility.

My boss asked a while back when I intended retiring: my answer of ' the second time some prat irritates me' didn't go down that well. (Though strangely enough, a 'deputy' was appointed the same week to take some of the pressure off & allow me to take weekends off & book leave over 'month ends' when the returns have to be made.)

It's lovely to be in the position of having no mortgage, no credit agreements and a bit of '*uc* you' money (with a comfortable pension TFLS available at 30 days notice - they were horrified when I showed them the time frame in the handbook: they assumed it was 6 months. It's not, that's merely a courtesy on behalf of the employee - the notice period is one full pay cycle - though in reality given processing cut off dates that could be as long as 50 days.)

*It'd be worth it purely for the consternation when I ask for time off for the interviews.:rotfl:
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I had a real and actual lean on my garden fence today. First day out in the garden this season :j:j Sun been splitting the sky since first thing and is still out - not a cloud in sight and the hillside is golden with sunlight. I got the cosmetic tidying done, all the mess left from the snow cleared away. Felt amazing too.
    The poor RV meanwhile is lying prone on his couch still not recovering at all from the horrible cold-type virus we had. He does look very grey/white so if no better on Mon morning I'll get him an emergency appt. Don't want it going into pneumonia.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    I hope not mar. :(

I asked the site warden about the colour. He didn't have any problems. We also have bright orange shed as well as a white one on the plots and so mine will be dull in comparison really. It will be a floral wall soon enough ;)
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Fuds - don't forget the lovely bright bunting across the Lottie, very useful as a bird scarer ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Nice go see you back islandmaid. Was the holiday good?
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Earth hour at 8.30 . Elecrics are going off and the candles will be lit including the one in the window to send light , love and hope into a rather dark world . Thinking of you all and all struggling through life for many reasons both here and out beyond this site .

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Islandmaid
    monnagran wrote: »
    Nice go see you back islandmaid. Was the holiday good?

It was amazing... food heaven and architecture and history to die for - nice to be home though :D

Just one set of pics if your interested

5_AD2_B17_F-88_AB-4577-8_CD4-096_BDFE80_F23.jpg

£300/£130
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    It was amazing... food heaven and architecture and history to die for - nice to be home though :D

Just one set of pics if your interested

5_AD2_B17_F-88_AB-4577-8_CD4-096_BDFE80_F23.jpg

Very interested, thank you for posting them IM, it looks fab :)

:T for having a good time :) x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks Islandmaid, the architecture is amazing and I'm sure that the history is interesting, but the food........................!!!

Loving the thought of the candles .Polly. You have a beautiful soul.

Hi Karcher x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Islandmaid
    Monna - the food, Oohh the food, if we had stayed longer they would have had to roll me into the plane like Violet Beauregard :rotfl:

BB9_A448_B-6_B13-4807-955_C-675_FEB3621_B1.jpg

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family