PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    karcher it's for the husband and he doesn't do internet. Just soaps and cowboy fillums :D
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    I lived in near Filton in Bristol when Concorde was being tested, the traffic used to stop so we could all look.
    A very hectic day today, went to DD2's to look after her 3yo and DD1's 3yo twins whilst they went to collect DD1' new dog, DD1 wasn't confident she could find the place on her own.
    So I had the children from 9am until 12, DD1 then came over to the boat with twins and dog Ella, Ella loves me because I gave her some ham.
    I made lunch for us all, the joiner arrived to give me a quote for replacement backboards as ours are rotting Ella was as pleased to see him as she was to meet everyone else, there I a pic of her on my blog.
    I don't watch much TV but sometimes the hours of silence get to me and I would like to watch something, not soaps, greed shows or reality progs though.
    I like Father Brown, Vera etc, but tv reception is very poor here. I'll be ok for a few days now having spent time with my DD's and their children.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi camelot, thanks for asking. Yes, they gave a feed-back saying that they were quite interested but had a little bit of work to do on their own house before putting it on the market. They said that I was on the list. It wasn't the unqualified enthusiasm that they showed when they were here, but that is often the case. It's those who go around not giving anything away who usually end up buying a house.

I also remember Concorde with affection. It was the most beautiful sight when in the air. I never understood why it was withdrawn from service.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I have about 5 days to catch up on this evening but I'm hoping to tap into your wisdom.

I've had sinus problems - head cold, sneezing, mucous that turned into sinusitis and from the weekend gave me a lot of facial and tooth pain. That has subsided now but I have head and ear ache... and if I say the words thick and green I think you'll know what I'm getting at.

All the way through my heart rate and blood pressure have been OK. I say OK as heart rate kicks around 90 which is higher than normal but not high in terms of what I'm used to when bacteria sets in. My temperature has always been normal. So although demented, I'm just trying to see this out.

However, seeing the green I panicked somewhat and sought advice from a pharmacist. I didn't know that green 'you know what' doesn't mean bacterial infection! Growing up, green meant antibiotics! She told me that green is good because it's a sign that my white blood cells are attacking the infection and I'm getting better. Now this is great news. But I'm dubious. Has anyone heard this?

Here's to sitting it out for a bit longer then. I'm on my second bottle of eucalyptus oil. :eek:
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The pharmacist is qualified, and as long as you have given her your background (history of respiratory issues) she will be able to advise appropriately. If she had been concerned she'd have told you to see the GP.

The current bug is a nasty one - vicious to start with and lingering afterwards. I've been coughing up green stuff too, but it seems to be reducing.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 January 2018 at 7:54PM
    Options
    Fuddle - yes, I've heard this after thinking the same as you. But, yes, your pharmacist should know for sure...

SHOWING OFF ALERT

When I travelled for work, three years or so ago, I travelled business class on the A380. Emirates - so the one with the bar.. Now, I am not a good flyer but standing in a bar with three drinks on the go, loudly proclaiming that "I WANT ONE OF THOSE" (an espresso martini) and one just arriving, that I can do :rotfl: Best party ever...

We have had a fab day. Walked in a volcanic cauldron this morning. A trip to the seaside around lunchtime and another walk after lunch, very high up (though we drove most of the way ;) )

We are now sat on the patio having beer and nuts, listening to the frogs, birds and crickets..

This last walk was Above the clouds so I should like to add a thought for the day to Monna's

THERE IS ALWAYS SUNSHINE BEHIND THE CLOUDS..
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2018 at 8:03PM
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    karcher it's for the husband and he doesn't do internet. Just soaps and cowboy fillums :D

Oh my Mar. I thought only in certain parts of County Durham, people, myself included, say fillum. :eek: you've made my night.

Greenbee I did. I'm dubious of GPs and Consultants now so question everything... even if it's just OSers. ;) I thank you for your green solidarity :D
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fuddle - my DS1 holds a fillum night once a month for all his pals - it has to be something that they can sing along to! So far we've had My Fair Lady, Singing in the Rain, Oliver - his next one is going to be Calamity Jane! He does some food and we all have a good sing along - quite mad but really enjoyable.
    I feel for you over the sinus pain - only ever had it once - thought someone had left an axe in my head.
    VJsmum - an espresso martini is my signature cocktail after doing a course on holiday - lovely and lethal! The best way to fly darling ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hester can you download a couple of things to your ipad when at DD's, to watch onboard when CHS is on land?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    I don't know Floss, I'll look I to that. Thank you.
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure