HolidaySafe Travel Insurance - Your Feedback

Comments

• tomolol
    tomolol Posts: 2 Newbie
    Dear Tomolol,
    Therefore I think there may have been a misunderstanding when you spoke to our Claims team.

If you would like to complete a claim form, you can download one from our website (Holidaysafe.co.uk/cutting_short_your_trip_travel_insurance_claim_form.html). Please include as much information as possible, and our Claims team will consider your costs and reply to your directly.

Thanks, I'll fill in a form and send it off to you.

Your claims team should really have been aware of this information though and let me know.

Will report back in this thread when I hear back.
  • Having problems with a claim from this company. They have declined a medical claim on the basis that a public facility was available - however at the time - when they were kept fully informed and all procedures were followed to the letter - no-one mentioned moving my sick husband to the public facility. We now have a bill for 5,700 euros. Beware!
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    chiclana wrote: »
    Having problems with a claim from this company. They have declined a medical claim on the basis that a public facility was available - however at the time - when they were kept fully informed and all procedures were followed to the letter - no-one mentioned moving my sick husband to the public facility. We now have a bill for 5,700 euros. Beware!

If you give us more details, we might be able to give you advice on how to get your claim paid.
  • Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Dear Chiclana,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber Howard and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

I am so sorry to hear that your husband needed to seek emergency medical treatment whilst abroad, and that you were dissatisfied by the outcome of your claim.

To allow me to investigate your complaint, can you please send me your policy number to Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk? I can then speak directly to our Claims Manager and Head of Emergency Assistance about your case.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Amber.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi all, so far today, Ive made 11 phone calls to several of the holiday safe numbers from 9.00 a.m this morning and still not got through!!

Are they still in business or just really, really short staffed?
    Dear Mr Fletcher,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber Howard and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

I am so sorry that you've had problems contacting us today, and I can assure you this is not typical of the high standard of service we strive to provide at Holidaysafe.

Unfortunately we have been experiencing some serious issues with our phone lines, and although we are working around the clock to get these fixed, we are relying on our phone company to pin point the issue.

If you would like to email me your details directly to Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk along with your query, I can arrange a call back for you as soon as we are back up and running.

Once again I am so sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Amber.
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Victor_Delta
    Victor_Delta Posts: 462 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all, so far today, Ive made 11 phone calls to several of the holiday safe numbers from 9.00 a.m this morning and still not got through!!

Are they still in business or just really, really short staffed?

Very strange. Not usually a problem getting through to them (unlike some organisations I could mention...!)
  • Mmmm.... A full six days after their rep replies and they still haven't got their phones sorted out? And they couldn't send out a generic email telling all policyholders about this issue? Or place an auto message on their telephone system? (Their system managed to tell me they were closed)! And the can't even get their website contact info right in the first place?

I've emailed them anyway. I got a reply saying they'd take 5 days to respond.

And this outfit somehow got Which? awards and recommends off MSE??!!

Got the feeling I'll be going elsewhere in future.

Cheers
    Dear CountDrakma,

I am so sorry you've had problems contacting us. Our phone issues have now been fixed by the provider, but we are still trying to catch up on the influx of call back requests and emails we received during this period.

If you would like to forward me the email you sent to Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk, I can speak to our admin team and ensure it is answered as quickly as possible.

As part of this email, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know the issue you spotted with our contact us page? We recently updated the information for our peak season, so your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Once again I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Amber.
  • I tried to buy a Holiday Safe travel insurance policy on line last night. Everything seemed to go through okay, including my payment details, but then I got an error message asking me to contact the company on their 0845 number; the message also said that if I'd made a payment it may have been taken. Well, that seems to be the case according to a mini-statement I got from my bank this afternoon, but I don't have any policy documents or a reference number of any kind and despite trying a dozen times this afternoon on both the 0845 number and the 01732 number, no-one is picking up the phone.

Having seen all the negative feedback on here, I'm really surprised that MSE is still recommending this company. I just want my money back but cannot get anyone to answer my calls.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure