Old C&G mortgage PPI

Hi, one more before I give up on old PPI claims completely :)

I had my first (C&G) mortgage via Lloyds Bank back in 1996, and was "sold" a free year of PPI, so that started in Oct 1997.

However, we moved house in Sept 1997, and in late 1999 I got a letter telling me (very honestly I thought) that since we'd moved but the PPI provider (ITT London & Edinburgh) weren't made aware, the policy wouldn't have covered me in the event of a claim.

The letter included a rather nice cheque for all the premiums I'd ever paid (as we'd moved the month before I started paying for it), so I'm pretty sure got back everything I'd ever given them.

I would have thought in this case, there is simply no case to answer, as I'm not out of pocket, having accepted the refund in full back then?

I think I know the answer, but just thought I'd check in case others have a different view!

Thanks,

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    paulchin wrote: »
    I think I know the answer
    You do indeed.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If you have already been refunded then there is nothing to be refunded.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure