Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

:o Rubbish day in Mecca - remind me never to go all day again...
    Had a raging headache from the bright lights big city atmosphere :o

When we were released for 2 hours we trailed around shops I wouldn't normally go in, like Next, Debenhams, M&S & Pandora :o

My friends were a bit taken aback when I emerged from M&S food hall laden with 10p bakery whoopsies :D:D:D
    They were clutching bags of pyjamas & presents & I have gorgeous loaves, onion focaccia, sugary doughnuts & some cheese scones :rotfl::o

That Sister home & I'm working tomorrow, Velindre wanting to start treatment on 21st rather than date arranged of the 27th....
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Options
    [SIZE=+1]chieveley was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:D:D

23 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier

[/SIZE]24-days-of-christmas-2015-18-600x600.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    Options
    Morning luvlies

Ideal to shove away for next year. SD reduced their advent calendars to silly prices. Thanks to Extreme Couponing on fb

https://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Make-Up-Accessories/Beauty-Advent-Calendars/c/pt_beauty_advent_calendars

:) Thanks Hampy - loads in my SD so will get some more gorgeous Bloom ones :D
    Our Family Motto ~

• shione
    shione Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Found 2 lynx bags yesterday in a small A. Had to add a Dove Puff set for the third item but both worked giving £13 ish back on £15 spend.
    I need spray deodorant so may as well give this a try.
    Do u have b/codes for these items. Would probably get wrong ones otherwise. TIA
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning ALL!

image.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumbimage.php?u=1613496&dateline=1337089225&type=thumb
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I have free yogurt in S on COS. Odd brand that I’ve never heard of though, bet they don’t have any.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For those with magic Costa vouchers if you’re struggling to spend, looks like their coffee sells on 3bay ;)
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Sorry you had problems - get on chat tomorrow and complain as they have been known to credit the £5s for each closed business/refusal. Amex claim to have checked yet there are so many reports of businesses refusing (that refused last year too!) and businesses that closed down a long time ago, that confirm their system is not reliable.

Anon

Thanks Anon - I did phone them on Saturday after the first couple of failures. I was a bit annoyed at the failures but was more concerned to check that there was nothing wrong with my card (as this is the first time I have had an Amex one). They were very good and immediately said they would put 2 £5 credits on my account. I wrote off yesterdays failure as I didn't want them to think I was after another handout.

As Amex check every shop each year I can't really understand how the cards are refuses. Amex cards basically work just like any other credit or debit card so, if the shop accepts Amex then the cars should work with their terminals. The staff all clearly knew that they SHOULD work but didn't know what to do.

I didn't get an Amex card for small shops though - I got it for the £100 worth of Nectar points that they were offering if I spent £2000 in the first 3 months! Hopefully those points will appear very soon as I have met the 'spend'.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 December 2017 at 12:36PM
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    She looks more like you Nellie. I ve got long hair :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: But mine isn't blonde :p I bet the children enjoyed it :xmassmile
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Options
    Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

Hope everyone has a good day :A

Why oh why did I try those Stroopwafels? They are addictive :o
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income