Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well Ive paid the balance on the gift on my cc. Mmmm I'd hoped to be back to 'normal' spending next month but with the 1 off for the gift and no surplus in bank account - next month will be paid over 2 months.....it it should be worth it to see dh - he will not expect it and I've given him some worrying times over the last few years and he's looked after me well...so he deserves a surprise.
    Next problem is how to give it to him. We have to pick it up from York so I'm playing with the idea of a night away there and just pop into the shop as we usually do if we're out that way.....still pondering on that one ....
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Oooh how exciting :grin:
    Are you near York?
    I was there for a weekend about 3 years ago.
    Loved it.
    Great cat shop :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • i always expect my credit card to be normal next month :)
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • milann
    edited 23 June 2018 at 7:15PM
    It's about an hour and a half-ish from York - we often go for a day as there's always something to do there whatever the weather.

Just had a long FaceTime with granddaughters but it's not the same as seeing them properly - wish they were nearer.

I've had a lovely peaceful day as dh and ds have been to Blackpool - about an hour and half - ish in other direction for a bike ride along the front - I could have gone and done my own thing whilst they rode but really needed to speak to the shop without dh being around earwigging :rotfl::rotfl:

Right I'm off for a go in the gym and jacuzzi to make the most of this here membership that I've just paid.

I will lose at sw this week.....all I need to do is resist temptation :p
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    I have been eating too much ice cream :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Very sad about the little girl - sometimes life isn't fair :(

The mystery gift sounds very intriguing - ooh :)

Good luck with the SW and resisting temptation - you and me both!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    Ice cream is needed in this heat Beanie. I have been having mini twister lollies at 2 syns each - I've quite liked them but not the same as a nice big creamy ice cream

Been making use of my gym membership with 4 swims and 3 of them with a gym session too :T go me :rotfl: pity i blew it 1 day with a panini cake and coffee - I was starving and going out afterwards to club I volunteer at - I get 20% off too so cost £6 - not too bad in the grand scheme but calories and cash I should have saved. Weigh in could go either way tomorrow and I'd had a good week otherwise.

I had a nice surprise invite to son in laws family at weekend so will get real hugs from grandkids instead of virtual ones. Only set back is he lives so far South you'd be paddling in the sea if you went any further so an early morning and long drive but it'll be worth it for a granny cuddle. We accepted the invite on Monday and blow me I got an appointment to go to the hospital for MRI scan results through yesterday for Saturday....so I've had to cancel appointment at hospital so hoping I won't have too long a wait for a new one. Wish the hospital would give more notice as I nearly missed my scan a few week so ago.
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    I regretted the panini and cake as soon as I'd had it - 1lb on tonight - mad with myself but hey ho - that's life - must do better - I refuse to waste my countdown from SW or my gym membership so best get my big girl knickers on and shape myself:o:o
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    2 on for me this week :eek:

• milann
    Beanie - Lots of folk seemed to put on this week when they'd expected good things - the general opinion (read excuse :rotfl:) was the heat making us retain water - sounds good enough to me and it had nothing to do with panini and cake I devoured earlier in the week.
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure