Interactive Investor finally improves?

Comments

• Had trouble logging in at 8am due to market volatility. Kept informing me my password is incorrect but no! Eventually after 5 minutes l managed to log in. Then got an error message trying to do a trade.

New platform is far worse than the previous platform why they changed l don't know.

Going to be transferring the ISA to IG when l get chance.
  • Is the new platform the old TD system or a completely different one?

Any old TD customers here? What were the platform and the service like before II's acquisition?
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    The "new" platform is the old TD platform with no significant changes. TD refreshed it about a year ago, before the were taken over.

I have always found the platform quite good, I have no real complaints.

Personally I do not like the HL platform and have found TD (now II) to be more usable.
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 February 2018 at 3:28PM
    I've received another secure message today, their 'customer service executive' kindly explaining the annual statement they sent is for the tax year which starts/ends April. (oh really...)

Also contains another really helpful reminder that they cost £10 if I want another sent, I jest not.

Which seems to imply that if I ever want to find out what these mysterious dividends credited to my ISA account in December were and for how much individually, I have to wait until the new tax year starts in April and then pay them a £10 fee for the privilege.

To top that they've also, once again and most helpfully, suggested that if I want to check the transaction history online all I need do is "review any historical transactions and download them by navigating to Portfolio > Transaction History.

This after more than a dozen exchanges over the last month first explaining to them clearly that the ISA transaction history is unavailable to me and then having to constantly remind them of that fact in each and every subsequent reply I send to their inane responses.

I've told them if it's not sorted out by the end of the month they're getting an official complaint, the situation is beyond laughable.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've told them if it's not sorted out by the end of the month they're getting an official complaint, the situation is beyond laughable.

I sympathise - my letter of three weeks ago is still unanswered and as I said above, I have only just received dividends paid at the end of December.

I am assuming that I will have to telephone again in order to get hold of the end January and end February dividends that will also be paid to II, (this despite being informed originally that they would be transferred to the new provider).

I was advised by iWeb in a letter of 20 November that they had received a valuation and the reregistration process would commence.

I phoned iWeb this morning and re-registration of my two remaining funds has still not been actioned - they say that the hold up is with settlement by FNZ ( II's custodian).
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    This thread is turning into d!jà vu all over again.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

According to https://www.abi.org.uk/globalassets/sitecore/files/documents/publications/public/2016/pensions/transfersandreregcp.pdf

Existing FCA rules require that a re-registration
    request should be executed within a reasonable
    time and in an efficient manner,
    but do not set
    a hard statutory limit for the timeliness of these
    processes.

I have no idea whether the ten weeks plus I have now waited can be described as "reasonable" but I'm darned sure that by no stretch of the imagination can the processes involved be judged "efficient".
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    le_loup wrote: »
    This thread is turning into d!jà vu all over again.
    Is that a tautology?
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    edited 9 February 2018 at 6:11PM
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    Is that a tautology?
    It certainly is.
    Have you had some humour bypass surgery?
    I can understand the lack of humour with the poor s0ds who are still stuck with III
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    le_loup wrote: »
    It certainly is.
    Have you had some humour bypass surgery?
    I can understand the lack of humour with the poor s0ds who are still stuck with III
    No. I thought it might be an oxymoron but then thought it is the opposite of an oxymoron so I was then intrigued as to what was the opposite of an oxymoron, and having never used the term 'tautology' before took the opportunity.

I left TD Direct shortly after II indicated that they would adopt their own charging structure (sad to leave TD, glad to get away from II).
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family