• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Fantastic news!
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 3 February 2018 at 9:41AM
    Thanks debtaghh it’s just the little boost I needed to bring me back up again. I think once I receive it it will go towards the short term goal. I’m not sure yet. Listen to me talking about it like it’s thousands :rotfl:

Another plus for us is we’ve just received our new TV licence and have paid it in full. Already I am paying towards next years just by paying £5 per week :T

Need to do our food shop at some point today, I’m late going out to do it as I’m normally there before they open. I can’t stand the crowds and my trolley rage kicks in :o. Must write a list before going as the temptation is still lurking in the back of my head somewhere.

Hope all is going well with you
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • motivated
    Also had a letter from the union. They have been fighting for our pay rise and have said the local council have come up with their final offer. We have all accepted and should start in April. Not sure how much it will work out per month but any increase is in my pocket not theirs. :beer:
    M
  • Well done on the PPI claim front-better in your pocket ;-)
    Keep you chin up, it's never easy trying to stay positive all the time. I've found you feel 100% focussed, ready for anything, then bam something hits you, but we just need to make small steps. I remind myself, at least I'm not getting into anymore debt, and I dread to think how much debt I'd be in this month if I didn't take responsibility for it and stop taking out credit.
    Same for you, you're dealing with it, so don't beat yourself up-you're making the debt smaller month by month and not bigger, which is absolutely something to be proud of. Take care x
  • motivated
    Well done on the PPI claim front-better in your pocket ;-)
    Keep you chin up, it's never easy trying to stay positive all the time. I've found you feel 100% focussed, ready for anything, then bam something hits you, but we just need to make small steps. I remind myself, at least I'm not getting into anymore debt, and I dread to think how much debt I'd be in this month if I didn't take responsibility for it and stop taking out credit.
    Same for you, you're dealing with it, so don't beat yourself up-you're making the debt smaller month by month and not bigger, which is absolutely something to be proud of. Take care x

Thankyou so much and you are so right. When I think how much more I would have added to the CCs :eek: At least the totals going down and not up eh.
    X
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good to see you back :). Great that you have your pay rise and a bonus £187!

Hope the shopping was okay and you didn't ram any displays with your trolley :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • motivated
    So I’ve sent my acceptance letter for the £187. Not sure how long it takes to be credited but at least it’s on its way :)

Freeeezing here today and playground duty is not a barrel of laughs in this weather I can tell you :eek:

Last week at work then a week off :T. I intend to mainly catch up on the house cleaning jobs that seem to get overlooked when I’m at work.
    Oh the joys!

Nothing really to report on the debt busting front but were still emptying our lake with a tea spoon, one drop at a time :D
  • Motivated, you always sound so upbeat. If you ever feel :eek:, you hide it well on here. :)

Glad its not just me that gets trolley rage. I can't even go into the shops these days, I have my shopping delivered. Its a life changer for people like us.

Take care of yourself

Paws
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • motivated
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    Motivated, you always sound so upbeat. If you ever feel :eek:, you hide it well on here. :)

Glad its not just me that gets trolley rage. I can't even go into the shops these days, I have my shopping delivered. Its a life changer for people like us.

Take care of yourself

Paws

Hi paws I’m not always positive I can tell you. :o. I tend to stay away when I get a little overwhelmed by it all. I shouldn’t but it happens now and again. Then I have to read and read on here and it seems to boost me back up again.

Payday for me Thursday so I will be able to pay some more off my total and this always makes me feel better. Another month off my short term goal too :T

How is February already half way through :eek: Wow time flies when you’re having fun :rotfl:

I managed to catch up on your diary and you are doing well. Keep going.
    M
  • motivated
    edited 14 February 2018 at 7:07PM
    :D Hi all :D

I am very happy right now. We did the resolver tool thingy for PPI etc as everyone was doing it so I jumped on the bandwagon. Just called them to check on progress as the 8 week deadline Is up today.

£2,398 is currently on a cheque on its way to us :eek: I have no recollection of the CCs they are talking about. The loan I do know was from 1998 and I have no idea what the money is for. I am not complaining though :rotfl:

Also still waiting for my £187 to land in the bank too from a plevin thingy.

Today is a good day for us as this will boost our F&F account ready to make some offers by the end of the year. Fingers crossed a couple of the creditors will play ball by then.

Anyone who is not sure about having PPI etc you have nothing to lose. Use the resolver tool on here. We had no account numbers just names and addresses.

I have a feeling our short term goal will be clear sooner than anticipated :j
    M
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport