The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• I love seeing what you're up to. Just keep inspiring us by doing what you do currently.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Just letting you know I've gutted my room a large box of paper has left it alongside a plastic bag full of rubbish and a box of full of stuff which needs to be put back in its proper place ..........all because you've been decluttering xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!

But what's wrong with expecting a decent standard of living and being active to go out and achieve that. You see over the past 15 yrs (that's a long time) I have cut so far I don't often have the basics. What most people would say is the bare minimum. I feel like I have spent most of my thirties and half my fourties with completely the wrong mindset. I have wondered around looking like someone who, quite frankly, is in abject poverty. Why? I'm a dress maker. Market fabric is cheap. No reason to look like a hobo.

Anyway this has also led, I believe, to me not looking after my home as well as myself. Things have broke, become tatty and unuseable and the structure is even beginning to deteriorate. I now have a leak in my bay roof. Also the tree very close to the house is looking decidedly dodgy. I dread every storm. I can't carry on like this. The roof needs fixing, the tree needs felling and the woodworm could have been treated simply months ago. I now have a bigger job to do. :mad:

I don't want to be scared any more to face these issues. I have to focus on that I deserve a better standard of living and so does my family.

So on top of the money challenge I pledge to get this whole house decluttered by my birthday in October.

Every week I will pledge to repair something, such as the door which has come of a cabinet.

I will find the money for the roof repair and tree felling.

I will have the home and life I deserve.

I'm sorry to go on but something has changed in my mind and I want to keep it there.

Look after yourselves people and find a way.

Wow. That is so insightful and every bit of it applies to me also. You are not alone in this. But I firmly believe I can turn this situation around and I believe you can too. You have done great on the emergency fund. (I spent mine :o) It is evidence you can do this. I am rooting for you :T

Keep posting and being inspirational. Your battle is my battle and I am sure it resonates with so many other people too.

Be kind to yourself this weekend :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    abba1772 wrote: »
    You're not pestering us on here if you were no one would reply :rotfl:

Every time I read your diary I find I want to decluttering more stuff from my house so you're defo inspiring me to get on with it xx

Thank you Abba. I was the same with you diary, you seemed to be getting rid of stuff all the time. I'm surprised you have anything to get rid of.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Oh dear...I thought this place was for waffling? that's pretty much all I do on my diary!

Waffle away ,it's always nice to have something to read and inspiration to glean :)

Thanks JoJo. Trouble is I'm waffling about three times a day.;). It does help though.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    I love seeing what you're up to. Just keep inspiring us by doing what you do currently.

Thank you INOD. The feeling is mutual. :)

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Thank you Abba. I was the same with you diary, you seemed to be getting rid of stuff all the time. I'm surprised you have anything to get rid of.

I have three kids so there's always something to get rid of :rotfl:
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Just letting you know I've gutted my room a large box of paper has left it alongside a plastic bag full of rubbish and a box of full of stuff which needs to be put back in its proper place ..........all because you've been decluttering xx

Thanks Abba. Wow, paperwork, that's my nemesis. No matter how hard I try, how often I clear it out, piles reappear. I absolutely detest dealing with it. Well done for facing it.:T

• parsniphead
    Wow. That is so insightful and every bit of it applies to me also. You are not alone in this. But I firmly believe I can turn this situation around and I believe you can too. You have done great on the emergency fund. (I spent mine :o) It is evidence you can do this. I am rooting for you :T

Keep posting and being inspirational. Your battle is my battle and I am sure it resonates with so many other people too.

Be kind to yourself this weekend :)

Ah, thank you DIA.

Bad news about the emergency fund BUT you will have it done soon. You will be debt free early next year and you are already mortgage free. What an inspiration. :T:money:

We will all get there because we are all brilliant. X

• boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just popping my head in because I haven't for a while

"Find a way" - that's a mantra i could live by...
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family