Some Amazon Prime Day deals were cheaper weeks ago, MSE finds - MSE News

Some of the products discounted in Amazon's Prime Day sale are actually more pricey than they were just weeks ago, research by MoneySavingExpert.com shows...
Read the full story:
'Some Amazon Prime Day deals were cheaper weeks ago, MSE finds'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• lilmiss1982
    lilmiss1982 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Amazon state it is a day and a half of epic deals.

Not that these are the lowest price they have been sold at so I do not see what the issue is.

You will find much betters throughout the year on Amazon rather than waiting for Prime day or Black Friday.

It is very easy to check the previous selling price on Amazon using CamelCamelCamel

Amazon often have show over inflated RRP to make savings look bigger.

Prime day tends to be a good for Xbox consoles.
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    There's a very simple answer to this.

Just use https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ and you'll know exactly what all the previous prices have been.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    They should rename Prine Day to Lightning Cable Day.

The sheer number of these things you see for sale each time is mind boggling. It wouldn't be too bad if they weren't cheap knockoffs but alas, they all are.

Speaking of which, most of the stuff in the sale was from third party sellers who sell cheap tat. It'd be nice if you could filter them all out.
  • MD2000
    MD2000 Posts: 3 Newbie
    I know this is a last year thread, but did anyone else get sent absolute rubbish item not the thing they ordered on a Prime Day Deal this year?

I ordered a Motorola smartphone for £200, very good deal, fool that I was I was excited : two days later I received..... a bottle of glitter....shiny, but not the right shiny.
    Then I have to return it to get a refund - "sorry we cannot send correct item as its now out of stock, we can only offer a refund" and then only in up to 14 days once I have returned the incorrect item.

I understand that attractive deals can be limited and may go out of stock, but deliberately sending something else instead feels downright dishonest.

The seller appeared to be amazon UK - but I suspect it was actually a third party.

I'd love to hear if anyone else experienced similar
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    MD2000 wrote: »
    I know this is a last year thread, but did anyone else get sent absolute rubbish item not the thing they ordered on a Prime Day Deal this year?

I ordered a Motorola smartphone for £200, very good deal, fool that I was I was excited : two days later I received..... a bottle of glitter....shiny, but not the right shiny.
    Then I have to return it to get a refund - "sorry we cannot send correct item as its now out of stock, we can only offer a refund" and then only in up to 14 days once I have returned the incorrect item.

I understand that attractive deals can be limited and may go out of stock, but deliberately sending something else instead feels downright dishonest.

The seller appeared to be amazon UK - but I suspect it was actually a third party.

I'd love to hear if anyone else experienced similar

Never, ever. You must have chosen to buy from a Marketplace seller.
  • MD2000
    MD2000 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Well, looking at the invoice it definitely looks like it was sold by Amazon, not a third party.

Sold by Amazon EU S.à r.l., UK Branch VAT # GB727255821

The more I think about this the more I think it was a deliberate attempt, by amazon, to drive footfall to the deals site, with no intention of actually selling the goods on offer.

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    MD2000 wrote: »
    Well, looking at the invoice it definitely looks like it was sold by Amazon, not a third party.

Sold by Amazon EU S.à r.l., UK Branch VAT # GB727255821

The more I think about this the more I think it was a deliberate attempt, by amazon, to drive footfall to the deals site, with no intention of actually selling the goods on offer.

Those rockets don't come cheap, Jeff Bezos morphs into a Bond villain by scamming mobile phone sales.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure