PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Comments

• juliettet
    juliettet Posts: 726
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :) Hmm, I'm slightly confused by the question, is this because you have bulbs that are/ were in pots?

The bulbs will go dormant for several months, so they should be all right whether you leave them in compost or lie them around nekkid (so to speak). I'd have them underground by September, tho.

Sorry, I mean if I lift the whole clump out of the pot and lay in an old trough until the Autumn. I want to use the 2 pots for summer flowers.
  • AnimalTribe
    AnimalTribe Posts: 240
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mrs LW that is indeed a very nice thing to do. I hope your things find good new homes. You've also inspired me to start on my decluttering (which I've been meaning to do for ages). I just need a cup of tea and a biscuit to motivate me first though.:)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    PM sent :)

I've been doing stuff today, but its all been sitting-down type stuff. I really need to do something physical - off to take care of the bonfire ashes (hurray! bonfire!) and set up one to be done tomorrow. My soil *will* be nutritious.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • PM returned xxx.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thahks hon. Morning work on the bonfire was a big yah-boo-sucks to the chronic fatigue, its at least 4 years since I did anything like that in the morning. Wasn't very much, so I still want to do some thing this afternoon, but I'm really pleased.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Two more books to be culled

Making Cheeses, Butters, Cream and Yoghurt at home (how to make the most of your milk supply) by Patricia Cleveland-Peck.

Left over for tomorrow by Marika Hanbury Tenison

If you're interested PM me.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 17 May 2018 at 3:37PM
    juliettet wrote: »
    Sorry, I mean if I lift the whole clump out of the pot and lay in an old trough until the Autumn. I want to use the 2 pots for summer flowers.
    :) Should be fine. I'd not have them in direct sun (don't want them baked) and would have them lying so that the foliage didn't touch the bulbs, to discourage rot.

Am chillaxing after w*rk and having a light meal before heading out to threaten innocent plant life with metal implements. The couch grass has got it coming, frankly.......:rotfl:
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,658
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Couch grass is NEVER innocent!
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    maryb wrote: »
    Couch grass is NEVER innocent!
    :D But it looks so pitiful when it's piled up in drifts and turning brown and dying. OK, it's revive in a new yawk minute, given half a chance, which is why I shall be burning it come the autumn. *cackles evilly*

Brambles are as guilty as sin, and those greater bellbinds..........! Well, they've got another hour or two on this mortal coil before I fork them outta there.:rotfl:
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Serial killer!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income