* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,281
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi and Welcome Coxy 11.

Carlisle lass,thats a pain but the joys of shopping early,it can be sent to you again with time to spare.

Well i went to M n S today to seek out the bargains.I kid you not,there was just an empty shelf where the half price things should have been:eek:

I have wrapped another 10 things tonight.They look so lovely wrapped.:D I am having a using up paper year.Every few years I use up the bits left from other years and have a mixture instead of co ordinated paper.

I have decided to crack on with wrapping as if we see a nice little holiday we will be off somewhere.Also now Mr V has made a decision about having his 60th Birthday party at home there will be a lot to do for that as it's the week before Christmas.I would like to be all wrapped by the end of November. So i can be all chilled and enjoy the festivities.

I need to think about food for this party which you are all invited to by the way,and food for Christmas.NO WAY can chocolates be purchased beforehand as they wouldn't see Christmas.I have in the past kept a box of food at my Mum's so the gannets can't get at it.

We have a Morrisons not too far so I will look for the cocktail baubles,just need one more little thing for sons GF.

Have spent about £35 so far on DD2 (16) on stocking fillers.She also has a gold locket and we thought we would get her a cheap record player as she is into records.If record playing is going to be her thing she can get a better one in time.I had to talk MR V out of buying top of the range stuff as it may just be a fad.

Going shopping tomorrow so will be on the look out for bits for the Grandmas.Also going to my friends jewellers shop.Mr V wants an earring making for his birthday.She is very talented and does me mates rates but we will have to order it now to be in with a chance of it being ready in time.

Sammy K I hope you are feeling better now x

Whitesatin what a lovely trip,you lucky things.

Vx
     :
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Had some Christmas deliveries today - always nice when. They arrive when I am home rather than having to trek to sorting office or have them rearranged.

Also ordered my best friend and his wife a voucher deal for three course meal and a glass of wine each at Zizzi for £25 - wouldn't normally spend that much on them but it is besties 50th just before Christmas too and think they deserve a date night

I agree teens are difficult - doing I Tunes vouchers and chocolates I think for the two eldest ones in our family (17 and 14) as they both have IPhones. Need ideas for something for the 10 year old (boy) and 7 year old (girl)

The adults on other half's side are mostly sorted. Need something for both dad's and need for my brother

I always think with my list I am doing well but then thinking about it I still have plenty to get
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hoping for redelivery before Tuesday. Wouldn't mind but the original was marked FRAGILE
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi all :j

I am reading along as we all love Christmas in our house - it has even rubbed off on DD as she loves it as well..she has her own house but will be coming here as she is an emergency service worker & is at work on Christmas day...but not till 3pm so we can get a bit of festivity in beforehand hopefully.

Just a quick question as I am sure you lovely people will know - a little birdie told me that DD wants to take me to a Christmas market - probably in Europe - for my birthday (Nov). I've not been to one other than Switzerland, so can you recommend any places that are good to go please?? TIA if you can help, then I can feed the info to DH who can subtly suggest it :rotfl:
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • kpwll
    kpwll Posts: 4,273
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon everyone, hope you're all well.

My daughter is driving me nuts!!! She keeps phoning/texting me asking me to guess how many sleeps til Xmas.
    I answer her 'Not enough'.

I'm sure you're all thinking 'Miserable grouch of a Mum'.

I really wouldn't mind but she's 36, lol.
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Redelivery been, this time intact
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hello all :) I'm hoping you wont mind me joining you, I only tend to find my way to this board at christmas time each year, as I spend the majority of my MSE time on the DFW board and marriages :o but I do LOVE christmas!

I also have a teen to buy for who thankfully did manage to give me a list, unfortunately it consisted of a Tommy Hilfiger watch and a load of Adidas stuff :eek: Soooo he is pretty much bought for but his money has literally stretched to 5 gifts and will be bulked out with a few sweets. DD is 9 and her entire christmas list has come to £80 for twice as much stuff and half of her stocking! (how I miss the eldest being small and cheap :rotfl: ) she is asking for a fitbit though and is currently agonising over whether to ask us or father christmas as she is very worried that if she asks us we might not be able to afford it, but if she asks Father Christmas he might not get it for her as he only get a couple of things off her list and he might not choose that :o . Feels a bit mad that she still semi believes in father christmas but wants something that will track her fitness :rotfl: So i'm now praying that one of the stores puts them on a deal before christmas :o

Others to buy for are the DH, 4 parents, 1 niece, 1 nephew, a sister and her husband. Am currently crocheting my mother a cardigan, veeeeeeery slowwwwly, and am a bit flummoxed by everyone else :o
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Oh, dear, l am another who forgot to wrap on Wednesday, and was going to make up for it tonight, but tonight isn't one of the 'group' ones.
    Although l have just about got all the adults bought for, but keep seeing little 'bits and pieces' that would just suit so-and-so. l don't know yet what the nibs want, l rely on my DDIL sending me a list but it doesn't arrive until November at the earliest.
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    oops, l didn't mean to press post, but l must have, glad to see that we are still having loads of lovely new posters, hope you stay, we are only mad about Christmas, and really quite sane about all else. l got DGS 2 lovely shirts, some knickers and a pair of slippers in the M&Spensive sale, and 2 pairs of jeans for DS2, hoping l can make them small enough to fit in their stockings, (some hope eh?)
    It has rained all day here, but now the sun has the nerve to show face, hope it lasts till tomorrow, as l am determined to get the garden tidied up before the end of this month. My decluttering is still ongoing and my resolution to complete one item of repair, completion, or remaking a day is going ok, (7 a week, all in one day today, 6 pairs of jeans/trousers altered to fit, and the magnetic closure on my phone case reglued ). Now if l could be as disciplined in the weight loss area l'd have it cracked!
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,010
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 7 October 2017 at 5:31PM
    vulpix wrote: »

I need to think about food for this party which you are all invited to by the way,and food for Christmas.NO WAY can chocolates be purchased beforehand as they wouldn't see Christmas.I have in the past kept a box of food at my Mum's so the gannets can't get at it.

Vx

I now keep the edibles I know otherwise wouldn't make it to xmas in a locked suitcase :shhh: stops prying eyes and if they can't see it they can't raid it wasn't quick enough with the choc oranges the other week so dd swiped those

welcome newbies everyone's welcome the more the merrier

Nic the penguin game sounds fun will have to keep an eye open

sammy hope your feeling better

kpwll lol at dd its 79 days just incase you forgot

Coxy & anyone else with teens to buy for I usually do either cash or voucher with a small token gift depending on what they are into. Cash is usually the most appreciated even if you don't really like giving it
    cinema gift card
    bowling gift card
    itunes vouchers are a hit if they have any i devices even better if you can find a deal on them

For my older ones I've done annual cinema passes & beauty box subscriptions before I pay each month rather than upfront but the present then last all year and saves me money in the long run.
    For younger ones alot of soft play places offer similar deals I'm thinking of getting dgd one for xmas as she doesn't really need more toys
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure