New Day Verification Standards

Options
I am not easy about the application process, so I am sharing it in hope someone tells me it is OK.

I decided to apply for an Amazon card as I recently started to use Amazon more often. I completed application, was accepted, and got an email asking me to submit a copy of my ID and an address confirmation. Then the life got busy and I totally forgot.

A couple of weeks later I received an email from NewDay saying that I need to do it or my application will be deleted. So I decided to proceed and followed the link in the email. To my surprise, the page displayed a message "thank you for your documents, your card is on its way". I haven't uploaded any of the documents they asked for!

A week later the card and the PIN showed up in my mailbox.

Somehow it doesn't feel right - there are too many people who can get a credit in my name this way. Even my (approximate) salary can be found on the company's webpage.

Should I be concerned?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just relax it links up to your Amazon account anyhow so that reduces some of the verification.
  • 1974Stephen
    Options
    Hi. I cant answer you question about being concerned, but I have accounts with Newday. Debenhams, House of Fraser, Burton Group, Amazon, Aqua.

I open and close these repeatedly and re-apply to get money off them.

I think you will be fine.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    If they've messed up and need ID from you at a later point, they will ask again, so I don't think there is any reason to be concerned. They were probably able to verify you electronically without the need for copies of your ID/address to be sent off.
  • maxximus75
    Options
    Sometimes when you aply for credit the electronic ID verification system isnt available. That then generally then flags up and requests manual ID checks and hence a request for documents.

During the time between the original request and now..... the electronic verification has probably been run again and passed.

Then you clicked on the link to do this but as the checks had completed, it didnt require you to upload anything but sent the flag to produce your pin and card.
  • onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    I would be concerned as only recently I was a victim of identity theft and one of the providers was NEWDAY for an Amazon credit card!!!! I sorted it all out CIFAS protective registration on my file, police report etc etc and Newday weren't too bad to deal with , it would appear though reading the OP.s post they haven't tightened up their security (FRIGHTENING)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure