Yellow Pages: Final Edition

Hey guys,

It's the end of an era! I recently received the latest Yellow Pages and it's been labelled the "Final Edition". Not sure about you but this has caused a bit of nostalgia.

142buyc.jpg

It's been running since 1886, so i'm wondering what's the oldest yellow pages you've got stashed away? Ask the family too and submit some pics!

Ta
Nick

Comments

• Haven't kept a copy as they always went into the recycling bin.

In fact whenever I get the local directory of businesses they go straight into the recycling bin
  • I deliver them and I have yet to keep a copy for myself, I would say they are a complete waste of time but as I get about 7p for each one delivered, I can't say that :p
  • phryne
    phryne Posts: 471 Forumite
    Let your fingers do the walking.. I remember that advert on tv.

I'm old enough (just!) to remember when telephone boxes had directories in them. I get quite nostalgic thinking about it. Phone boxes had a distinctive smell about them. Perhaps others might remember what I mean.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,578
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    I'm struggling to understand why anyone would keep old copies of Yellow Pages once the new edition has been delivered...:huh:
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    They've been a criminal waste of resources for about 10 years. Good riddance.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    phryne wrote: »
    Phone boxes had a distinctive smell about them. Perhaps others might remember what I mean.

Urine perhaps?;)
  • Pollycat wrote: »
    I'm struggling to understand why anyone would keep old copies of Yellow Pages once the new edition has been delivered...:huh:

I'm struggling to understand how the demise of the yellow pages is affecting the OP's marriage, relationship or family.
  • phryne
    phryne Posts: 471 Forumite
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    Urine perhaps?;)

No, it was the directories. A distinctive 'directories shut in an enclosed space' kind of smell.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Do you remember when it was a feat of strength to tear a directory in half? I got a new one a few weeks back and it's that thin now I'm sure I could rip it in two!
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,047
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The print is so small I can barely read the entries anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts