PPI and the Ombudsman

In 2012 I tackled Britannia about PPI and had to go to the ombudsman who found in Britannias favour. Much has changed since then. Ive approached Britannia again and they referrred me back to the ombudsmans 2012 decision saying sorry that was you chance, go away.

Can I go back to the ombudsman?

Iain D

Comments

• Dunnyman99 wrote: »
    What part of, "sorry that was you chance, go away" didn't you understand? :eek:
    You have no right to refer to the Ombudsman unless Britannia agree.

What has "changed" since 2012 that makes your complaint now somehow more compelling?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 September 2018 at 10:45AM
    You complained it was miss-sold, the lender send no, the FOS said no - you were not miss-sold. Your only chance was to ask the Ombudsman to look at it if the decision was made by an adjudicator but the 6 month rule still applies

PPI, particularly for a mortgage, is not a bad product per se, the issue is the selling of the product and whether it was done correctly.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Much has changed since then.

Not really. In fact, the ombudsman uphold rate has fallen since then.
    Ive approached Britannia again and they referrred me back to the ombudsmans 2012 decision saying sorry that was you chance, go away.

That is the correct response.

No. You had your go. Game over. no means no.

If this is mortgage PPI then you would expect the complaint to be rejected purely from a statistical point of view. Most MPPI complains fail.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure