TalkTalk Terms 2007

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is wrong (and certainly illegal now based on what Ofcom have said back in 2011), but just wondered if anyone had any advice?

It couldn't be done now for BB/LR but yours was back in 2012 when it certainly was legal (if morally dodgy) and you decided to leave early and broke the contract. It would require a lot of goodwill on TalkTalk's side and if it's got this far I'm guessing there's been a lot of ill will between you both. Sorry, but I don't fancy your chances in court (presuming the T&C's were clear). Perhaps it's time to bite the bullet and see what they'll accept to clear it if you can't find the T&C's?

BTW, car insurance is usually auto renewed so it's not exactly an unknown situation although the situations are slightly different.
  • SuperDannyG
    Options
    Yeah, what I'm looking for is something in their terms that might forfeit the agreement.

An example would that in the latest TalkTalk terms, they state:

"If we agree to renew or upgrade any service, a new minimum period may apply from the date of your renewal or upgrade. We’ll tell you if this is the case."

As they have no record of ever contacting me (this has been confirmed in a letter) then I could say that as I was never contacted, therefor the terms were breached making the agreement null.

But that's based on the latest terms, not necessarily the one I originally agreed to.
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have my original letter from them when I joined Talk Talk in February 2007. I can scan this and send it to you if you want it.

The only reference it gives to a contract are

'If you take Talk Talk call plan together with line rental and broadband a minimum contract term of 18 months applies and a disconnection charge may apply if you terminate before the expiry of the contract term'

The only time I have ever renewed my contract is if I have had a special offer with them. Other than that I was on a 30 day contract I have checked that with them several times.
  • SuperDannyG
    Options
    Hi Millie,

That would be amazing!

I can PM you my email address if that's ok?

Cheers!
  • glennstar
    Options
    SuperDannyG,
    I suggest you email ceoexec@talktalkplc.com and present the pertinent information (your name, account number and salient facts) and they will deal with the issue to an acceptably high (in my experience) standard.

For the record, I can't think why the Becky from TT has bothered with...
    TalkTalk wrote: »
    Hi SuperDannyG,
    I'm so sorry to read about what's happened, we'd like to make sure this gets sorted. If you drop us a tweet (@TalkTalk) or privately message us here, we'll investigate your complaint.
    Becky

When she could just point you in the right direction!?
    The views expressed here are my own. I am not a Solicitor nor am I affiliated with any of the parties I mention. If you disagree with any of my comments please say in whatever way feels most natural to you. No one self improves in a bubble!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    glennstar wrote: »
    For the record, I can't think why the Becky from TT has bothered with...

When she could just point you in the right direction!?

Because that's her job? You can't actually believe that any CEO will even be aware of emails like this let alone actually read it? A staff member will read it and pass it on, probably to someone just like Becky. And since she's offered to help on here why wouldn't they take advantage of that?
  • SuperDannyG
    Options
    Thanks Millie for sending over the welcome email. Sadly (as you mentioned in the email), the terms are located online which have since been updated.

You'd think there would be a law where companies had to display each version of their terms so a customer could reference them? :)

So, does anyone else out there have a copy of the terms circa 2007?

Also, when anyone signed up with TalkTalk around then, did you do it online or did you sign something? I feel like I did it online as with most things nowadays, but back then it might have been a signed contract.

Just wondering if there even is a paper version of these terms out there?
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Danny,

Can you please drop us a tweet or PM if you still need help as Becky asked earlier in the thread.

Thanks
    Emma - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • thrifty_pete
    Options
    You would hope their legal dept kept a copy of the previous T&Cs but whether they would voluntarily give you a copy, I'm not sure. Perhaps you'd have to start legal action to get a copy?
    What is this with emailing the CEO? A weird kind of modern social media-influenced customer service? As if the CEO himself reads any of the emails! A bit like Uncle Ben cooking rice personally or Ronald McDonald being a real person who cooks billions of lovely burgers for the planet!?
  • Jingo789
    Options
    I think you should lodge a formal complaint with Talk Talk and then if still not satisfied lodge the complaint with the Ombudsman. If enough people do this then the regulator needs to act.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure