Options

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 July 2018 at 11:00AM
    Options
    rkelly wrote: »
    Anyone else waiting for the so-called £50 bonus which was promised for the Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed

I've emailed them three times now and not a single reply. I've had that automated reply which says they will respond in 48 hours, but nothing.

Did moneysavingexpert vet them before recommending? Raisin customer support is non existent and the bonus feels like a scam.

Anyone else in the same boat? Raisin deserve to be named and shamed.

Just calm down and be patient. You can always phone them and yes they are very helpful.

Also I was not aware this site did recommend them and I got the recommendation from Moneymail.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,049 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    rkelly wrote: »
    Did moneysavingexpert vet them before recommending?
    A brief search shows no recommendations at all
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It took me less than 2 minutes to find the MSE article....You are welcome. ;)
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest/#qa
    Gatehouse Bank* (formally Milestone savings) pays an expected 2% (min £1k) for one year. It has the the full UK £85,000 per person savings safety protection. Plus, if you apply via our link though Raisin - who manage the Gatehouse application process - you can get a £50 bonus if you're new to Raisin.
    Note that it has an asterisk next to the GateHouse Bank link.
  • OceanSound
    Options
    Anyone interested on how MSE is funded should have a read of this:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/moneysavingexpert-finance/

Especially, the part where it says:
    Wherever we include an * link, there's a full explanation at the bottom of the page and an unaffiliated version of the same link, so you can check there's no difference.
    However, there is no unaffiliated version of the Gatehouse Bank link at the bottom.

These ones do have:
    Post Office, Sainsbury's Bank, The AA, TSB Classic Plus
    Duplicate links of the * links above for the sake of transparency, but this version doesn't help MoneySavingExpert.com: , Post Office, Sainsbury's Bank, The AA, TSB Classic Plus
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    Options
    OceanSound wrote: »

Well, firstly, just because MSE list it doesn't actually mean they 'recommend' it.
    Secondly, the bonus is payable within 60 days - and no-one has had the 60 days yet, we're not even at 30, so what on earth is the problem?????
  • OceanSound
    edited 6 July 2018 at 1:32PM
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Well, firstly, just because MSE list it doesn't actually mean they 'recommend' it.
    We can split hairs about the linguistics till the cows come home. :)
    Anyway, tell what you said to this chap:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5848597&page=2#33
    who said to me:
    ....you still seem to be missing my point that it is irresponsible and inappropriate for MSE to be promoting the service.
    Re.:
    Secondly, the bonus is payable within 60 days - and no-one has had the 60 days yet, we're not even at 30, so what on earth is the problem?????
    See post #11 re. customer support above.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    Options
    OceanSound: the 'chap' who said "....you still seem to be missing my point that it is irresponsible and inappropriate for MSE to be promoting the service." doesn't need a response. There is nothing wrong with the 'service' MSE were linking to - which was stated to be a bonus of £50 paid within 60 days. 60 days aren't up. So how can MSE's link to that offer be queried?

As for the customer support issue - yes, they fail to reply to the bonus emails. Yes that's wrong wrt their statement of a reply within 48 hours. But does that matter? The bonus is payable with 60 days of deposition if you send them the email. Their auto-acknowledgement confirms that they have your email. Ergo, you have fulfilled your side of the bargain - and within 60 days they have to fulfill theirs. Yes it would be nice if they sent personal reply with 48 hours, yes it's clumsy of them to promise this but not do it, but hey, does it matter? The only thing that matters is that 60 days. Wait.

.....I think I'll give up on this thread too... goes away scratching head wondering why he rises to these things...
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anyone interested on how MSE is funded should have a read of this:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/moneysavingexpert-finance/

Especially, the part where it says:
    Wherever we include an * link, there's a full explanation at the bottom of the page and an unaffiliated version of the same link, so you can check there's no difference.
    You would make a "good" (!) politician, as you only quote what appears to be supporting your argument, and conveniently ignore what doesn't. Or are you trying to say that you never read this para (with my bolding):
    This info does not constitute financial advice, always do your own research on top to ensure it's right for your specific circumstances and remember we focus on rates not service.
    We can split hairs about the linguistics till the cows come home. :)
    MSE doesn't recommend products, it simply lists products and offerings. It is your decision whether you want to purchase, and your responsibility to decide whether a given product/offer meets your needs, and whether you are satisfied with the T&Cs of the product/offer.

Bottom line: take responsibility for your own actions. Be the grown-up that you want to be treated as, and don't blame others for your own mistakes.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I never said they did not but I was not aware of it as I got the recommendation from Money Mail!
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Savvy savers will have taken up this product when it appeared in a thread here, long before the main site included it. Non-affiliate links to the offer can be found if you are dead against clicking an affiliate link that benefits MSE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure