Options
12345679»

Comments

• JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 September 2018 at 3:12PM
    Options
    I am quite prepared to pay more not to have to do it myself, but far too many banks, supermarkets etc want to deny me that option.

I can almost guarantee that if your bank introduced a proportionate charge for counter or branch services - a monthly charge, to pay for the upkeep of the hundreds of branches you'd be able to use and their staff - you would not pay it and would in fact kick off massively. Even if you did pay it, very few other people would be happy with this.

Which is the central issue. Nobody wants to pay for banking services directly and people are generally opposed to banks making money through, well, anything. Something has to give.
    It is not the fault of the staff themselves who are told to try to get you to use machines. Just insist that you will deal with a human being instead.
    Then you should expect to wait for them. Demand is dropping as people don't just use self-service because they're made to, a lot of people (myself included) find it quicker and easier. Moreover, it makes less and less sense to have lots of people working on counters and making no money for the bank.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,822 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    OP I dont understand why you get stressed when you go into Halifax. I just ignore any unwanted or just laugh it off or put a spin on it.

The OP started this resurrected thread more than two years ago and hasn't posted on this forum at all for nearly a year, so I don't expect he'll read your advice.....
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    someone must have posted this, because I am too bored to
    read all of this thread.

but what is a branch banking account ?
    thought every thing is now done on bling phone things

you go into a bank for ?

do all my banking, 99.991% online
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors