Help with Virgin Claim going to Court

Options

Comments

• halifaxmortgage
    Options
    Yes, if you don't receive an acceptable response in that timeframe, and you think you have a decent case, you should proceed with court action as soon as the period expires.

28 days is more than enough time for a formal written response. The usual time period is 14 days so you've been generous.

Thanks for clarifying this steampowered.

I'm expecting a response in writing as a follow-up to yesterday's phone call, although the way the person was talking on the phone, they were referring to the email LBA and not the one I sent via recorded delivery.

Being honest the phone call became a bit heated and we were both talking over each other. I was very frustrated that even though they could see that it's an LBA and not a normal complaint, that they are still classing it as a normal complaint and asking me to contact CISAS.

I did try to explain on multiple occasions to him that CISAS deal with service issues and I'm not complaining about a problem with a service - only the damage caused to property. But he was having none of it and I don't think he got what I was saying.

He just kept on going that I've already received a credit on the account. Again I explained that the credit he could see was related to my recent renewal of VM contract (due to increase of their prices) and was given to offset some of the costs + for previous loss of phone services.

God help me as I can clearly tell these guys don't have a clue what they are talking about :(

I will keep you posted if I receive any updates.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Telephone calls are worth the paper they are written on in a small claim. Stop ringing and use mail if you want to communicate with them.
  • halifaxmortgage
    Options
    Waamo, I think you've misunderstood mate. I haven't called them...they've called me to discuss the complaint.
  • waamo
    Options
    Tell them to put everything in writing in future. At least you have a paper trail and you won't get wound up.
  • amigo123
    Options
    Thanks waamo. Will do just that from now on. I'll let you know if I hear anything back from them.
  • waamo
    Options
    amigo123 wrote: »
    Thanks waamo. Will do just that from now on. I'll let you know if I hear anything back from them.

You appear to be using 2 different usernames. That always seems a bit odd to me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    You appear to be using 2 different usernames. That always seems a bit odd to me.
    Or perhaps the second poster responded in error here?
    Nothing related in those two users' posting history apart from this thread.
    Certainly suspicious otherwise.
  • halifaxmortgage
    Options
    Yeah sorry pls ignore it. I normally post my msgs on the pc, but I wanted to reply asap to avoid delays and I've used my partner's mobile phone which was logged into their moneysavingexpert account, I should have logged out, but forgot.
  • halifaxmortgage
    Options
    Good morning,

Just a quick update that I've received what seems to be a standard reply from virgin, advising that they will be in touch with me within 7 days. My only worry is that it states they will try to contact me by phone:

CCI19092018_details_erased.jpg
  • waamo
    Options
    When they ring tell them to email or write to you as you will not discuss it due to potential legal action.

I'm not convinced they understand they've had an LBA from that letter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure