Warning about Furniture 24/7 - Furniture247.co.uk

I wanted to post a warning here about the company Furniture 24/7 to try and stop others going through a nightmare like we did after ordering from them.

We ordered a waterproof incontinence mattress for a disabled relative, (similar to the ones you find in the NHS), we ordered it on their website for £199.99. Their website clearly stated that it was in stock and delivery would be two days later and I took a screen capture of the website when I ordered.

After non-delivery and being fobbed off with excuses we emailed them to cancel the order and requested a full refund which we were entitled by law to do so, but they totally ignored all requests for a refund. In the end we had to request a Chargeback through our bank to get a refund.

Their website is still showing this item in stock for next day delivery if I were to order it today. Sadly all the bad reviews I have seen suggest that this company regularly let customers down with non-delivery and then not refunding their money.

Please AVOID furniture247.co.uk at all costs, they will not deliver your goods.

Comments

• Mimot
    Mimot Posts: 1 Newbie
    Do not ever use this company. I had exactly the same experience. I ordered a waterproof mattress 3 weeks ago and was promised 2 day delivery....each week I've been promised next week. It's total rubbish - don't believe a word. I've asked for a full refund and they said it will take 14 days to reach my bank. So I told them based on their previous history with me, I'll expect it sometime in August....Thanks for the tip - I'll keep on them and remind them next week that my refunds should be being processed. Their phone lines are awful too. You never get a response. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY EVER! They do not understand customer service, or even how to deliver a product that has been ordered. IF I get my refund, they will have had the money for over 5 weeks. Scammers
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    I didn't realise these were still going. I've had a similar experience, the wrong items delivered (delivery refused) and refunds promised for months. Eventually we did a chargeback against them.

Seems they have not changed their ways!
  • Did you receive your refund in the end?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    #1 He's been PPRd (posting privileges removed) which means he won't be able to reply

#2 He says he used Chargeback (see the MSE article about it) so wouldn't have needed a refund from the seller.

:)
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    bod1467 wrote: »
    #1 He's been PPRd (posting privileges removed) which means he won't be able to reply

#2 He says he used Chargeback (see the MSE article about it) so wouldn't have needed a refund from the seller.

:)

Could have been referring to Mimot's post, which does mention waiting for a refund. Although as a one post wonder an update now is unlikely.
  • DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY WITH A 20FT BARGE POLE.......... bed ordered for father-in-law, order not fulfilled Oct 2016........ chasing refund from then. Account department that either doesn't exist or invisible. absolute disgraceful customer service and no sign of the £480. how they are getting away with this is beyond me. Not one person can transfer me to accounts or give me contact details of the owner. NIGHTMARE............ STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...........
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Niamg02 wrote: »
    DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY WITH A 20FT BARGE POLE.......... bed ordered for father-in-law, order not fulfilled Oct 2016........ chasing refund from then. Account department that either doesn't exist or invisible. absolute disgraceful customer service and no sign of the £480. how they are getting away with this is beyond me. Not one person can transfer me to accounts or give me contact details of the owner. NIGHTMARE............ STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...........
    How was this furniture paid for? By card I hope?
  • The same thing has happened to me, the money has been taken out of my bank. My husband has emailed with no reply he has phoned the number and there is no answer it just rings through. I have now had to buy a new mattress else where for more money and delivery cost. So angry wish I had seen this forum first I would never have used the company. I will now have to see if the bank can help me get my money back.
  • I cannot stress enough ...DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! Everything as previous posts is true, and when i tried to complain they terminated the phone call..... I'm now going through the bank to process a chargeback. Not one apology, call returned or explanation of why my order not processed. I've given up trying to discuss my refund with them and am going through the bank. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
  • Sabz124
    Sabz124 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Beware of this company! Do not buy from them, i paid them a grand for furniture which never arrived! Extremely rude and never answer the phone or any communication. They will rob you, stay away!!! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback