DRO help

2»

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Hickory wrote: »
    Thanks for all of your replies everyone!

Very interesting to hear that it can be a long process. I naively thought it would be pretty swift. So I should apply really soon? I was a bit nervous to do so because of the recent spending on one of the cards so thought best to apply in November, but it sounds like I could be waiting longer? I think I will apply through StepChange, I imagine they probably have a large backlog!

Thanks for the link to the other thread FatBelly. Seems no clear answer either way! I think I will keep the card and see what happens with it, whether they close it if they become aware of the DRO.

Yes, start the ball rolling.

You are right that it can be swift but you would need to find an intermediary with no backlog.
  • I agree with getting the ball rolling now. I put in my application for a DRO in mid December last year. There was such a backlog that it took until March 21st for it to come through. Christmas is a busy time, though, so put it in as soon as you possibly can. Stop paying your debts, issue them all with the letter you will be given, and then keep them up to date if you need any more extensions. You'll be fine. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure