Event gone bust, can I get my tickets refunded?

Hi Guys,

After some advice please. I’ve tried PayPal and Barclays as well as going direct and so far have not been successful so thought I’d come to the trusted Martin Lewis site :)

My boyfriend bought 5 weekend camping tickets to Looe festival for this month costing £115 each. Looe festival have announced this week that the charity who run the event have gone into receivership and the festival will no longer be going ahead. I’ve tried to go via PayPal to raise a refund but can’t as he bought 4 last year (Nov time), and 1 this year in Jan so we are out of the 120 day limit. Ditto with Barclays (payment was with Barclays debit card) through PayPal direct to looe fesitval. I have also emailed Looe fesitval direct but expect nothing from them given they have gone into receivership :(

My boyfriend is now £578 down, we have no festival to go to and seemingly no way of getting his money back. Do any of you know if there is another way around this situation please?

Thanks
Kim :)

Comments

• In the same boat,unfortunately.Bought 3 tickets on November 27th as early bird price £268.80. Bought via a credit card,through PayPal,but I don't have an account with them.
    No answers sorry.
    We are still going anyway as caravan booked and making the best of it.

I feel your pain.
  • It’s just so frustrating as they were Xmas/birthday presents for the family to all go together.

I did see or hear somewhere that the Mayor of Looe is trying to see if they can still host the event as it is worth £2million to the area they can ill afford to loose so perhaps something will come of it for your weekend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure