Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!

Well done on your Gold award tonight Kathryn - that will be doing wonders for your health even if medication and food restrictions are slowing down your losses.

I've now finished work and am a bit of a lady of leisure for the moment. I kept telling myself before I finished that I'd do the early bird swim on a morning to set me up for the day but it hasn't happened yet... going to do a bit of 'deforestation' today ready for tomorrow morning :rotfl:

Definitely feeling fitter, and have more energy.
    I swim lots. Will be going after work this evening. Not had time to go since last Wednesday so had deforestation to do this morning. Miss it when I don't go for a few days now, but been getting plenty of other exercise.
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    A lovely day now after a downpour first thing this morning! Have got a load of washing on the line which looks as though it's probably dry! Will go out and check shortly.

Well done on your Gold award tonight Kathryn. Must be great being able to be selfish and eat what you like for a change. I always have to cook for DH as well and end up eating stuff we both like, although fortunately there's not much he doesn't like!

Having a Green day today but will be a bit more synful than usual!

B - baked oats; grapes, quark - 0.5 syns as had to use low fat yoghurt not my usual fat free (DH picked up the wrong one when we went shopping Sunday!)
    L - courgette tartlet with salad; 9 syns for 50g light pastry; 2 syns for low fat garlic & herb soft cheese and 1 syn for olive oil in dressing
    D - ricotta & spinach cannelloni (85g ricotta HEA)

HEA1 - 350ml skimmed milk
    HEA2 - 85g ricotta
    HEB1 - oats
    HEB2 - 2 Alpen Light Salted Caramel

Syns - low fat yoghurt 0.5; 50g low fat puff pastry 9; 25g low fat garlic & herb soft cheese 2; 1/2 tsp olive oil 1

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I like the idea of selfish with shellfish kathrynha!:D

Gold Body Magic is amazing. Well done!:T

Like denise I tend to cook for two so end up with something we both like. DH is a sweetheart but he doesn't eat eggs or seafood so it's brilliant when we eat separately and I take advantage when I'm eating out to have prawns, scallops, mussels etc.:D

I've been out for lunch today and tried to be as low syn as possible. It's best described as a wrap made of smoked salmon stuffed with prawn cocktail on a bed of leaves. It should have come with brown bread and butter on the side but I told them I didn't want it so it wasn't there tempting me. So only syns would have been in the Marie Rose sauce. As I was driving myself I had fizzy water to drink. Angelic!:D

Todays' EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk, red berries
    L: salmon/prawn cocktail salad
    D: veggie chilli with rice and cottage cheese, berries and yogurt
    Syns: mayo 4?
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    Maman watch the halo dont slip:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Well done everyone who has lost:T:T
    I have never known anyone get a body magic award at our group:cool: dont really know how you get them:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Today's food
    3 boiled eggs
    2 satsumas

Chicken leg
    small punnet of cherries

Tea
    Below Garlic bread hexb
    Later fruit and yoghurt as ice cream :D
    tea_002.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    On checking the NHS weight site this morning I find that I'm now no longer in the obese category, just overweight. I've been aiming to get below 10 stone and I haven't got far to go.

For breakfast we had grilled bacon, grilled tomatoes, a slice of high-fibre bread with a smear of Tiptree marmalade. Half an orange each, and 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: a grilled pork chop each, steamed mangetout peas. One banana and an easy-peel orange.

Tea: crackers and a little bit of Wensleydale cheese.

That's it for the day apart from tea, water etc.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    1lb off for me tonight. Happy with that.
    Zebras rock
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Oooops. I've just realised I shouldn't have posted here. I'm not doing Slimming World. DH and I are doing our own thing - he's still struggling with Type 2 control but we eat a lot less than we ever did, not burning it up at all. We also eat a lot more fibre and a lot more fruit and veg. We don't do low-fat - our milk is full-fat and it arrives on the doorstep in a glass bottle. Well, whatever we're doing, it seems to work. I had an annual blood test a week ago and all is fine - not diabetic, not anaemic, cholesterol fine.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hello All
    Popping in with a loss of -4lb happy with that after my horrifying gain last week, think most of it was due to sweating my way round Greenwich park and under the river and back last Friday and then up the hill to the planetarium for ds birthday. We had a great day, the weather was glorious and I'm sorry to say I did indulge in an ice cream after making my way back down the hill!
    Still back on track apart from that.

B mini nutty shredded wheat (22 which is hexb) yog, fruit
    S cereal bar (3.5)
    L bulgar wheat, salad and lo roast beef from Sunday, apple
    D jacket pot, cheese (hexa) broccoli and some of my mums panko fried chicken. Not sure on the points but going to go with my remaining syns for the day of 14.5 I only had 2 small pieces but will over syn just in case.

Well done sky on sotw x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great loss SIRENS :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure