2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Go for it :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    So tonight I've been chatting online to someone who does the cards, she has been really helpful and answered various questions I had. I still haven't come to any decisions though :o

So, basically there are 3 different starter packs you can choose from; £45, £95 or £200. Each one gives you a website, some admin stuff and some cards to start you off (30 cards, 80 cards, 200 cards). Now obviously this in itself is worth doing as they are great cards that I can use myself anyway, but £200 is a lot to outlay to get started ...

However, any months where you order £200+ you get 10% back in cash the following month, so if I do go for pack 3 I would get £20 back, so in effect it makes it cost £180 instead of £200.

I was thinking of going for pack 1 or 2 as I'd be hoping to mainly sell online rather than doing events, however, I would use quite a few cards myself over the year, I would need some for a basket at work and could probably find a couple of other places to pop a basket of cards, which makes pack 3 seem to make more sense. But then I don't want to outlay too much do I ?!

Aagh, decisions decisions!! :o
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Having slept on it I think I'm heading more for pack 2 again this morning. Pack 3 is better value but it will take a long time to recoup the initial outlay, whereas pack 2 will still give me a sizeable number of cards to have as stock for baskets and if I put some welly into it I could potentially still hit the £200 first month bonus as I would already have spent £95 so I would need to get some orders in, not that it is something I'm going to push like crazy but it might be do-able in the first month, let's see :)

Birthday today and Ikea have sent me a nice £5 voucher, I will pop in there either on the way back from holiday (the port terminal is walking distance from Ikea) or the week after. I might get a new plant or put it towards some new cutlery, hmm.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy birthday :)

I would go for pack 2 too.
    The 200 quid outlay for pack 3 does seem too much.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• benbenandme
    Options
    So having asked her another question I have discovered that I would be able to buy cards for £1.12 each, so now I'm thinking of pack 1 :D My logic now is:
    • Both packs give me the website, brochures, leaflets, order pad and address labels
    • pack one gives me 30 cards for £45
    • pack two gives me 80 cards for £95

So the difference between them is £50 for an extra 50 cards (£1 each), but I don't get to choose which cards I get, so if I was to choose to buy another 50 cards it would cost me £56 but I could choose which ones rather than getting a random selection (which lets face it always includes at least one with boats / cricket / golf that no-one wants ;))

So, now I'm thinking of going with the £45 one (remember I was going to buy £16 of cards for myself anyway), and then I can order extra if / when I think I need them.

Sorry for mulling this over far too much, and thanks Beanielou for your thoughts on this :D:D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    2 items have sold on ebay this morning and both have paid so off to the post office with them in a bit and that's a nice £14 into the pot for this month :T

I've also been paid yesterday so will update the signature with the mortgage payment that's gone out and the money I move into savings for my brothers fund :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    This morning I have also opened a new savings account for my brothers money as it's earning practically zero in the account it's currently in :o
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So I've bitten the bullet and signed up, I went for pack one in the end, which leaves me £50 spare for either buying extra stock or I can pop it into the household fund as normal.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So I'm all up and running :j :j

For anyone interested in having a look my page is here:https://www.flamingopaperie.co.uk/web/joharding/

and my fb link is here: https://www.facebook.com/Jo-Harding-Independent-Partner-at-Flamingo-Paperie-383429738853203/?modal=admin_todo_tour

I hope my starter pack arrives before we go on holiday, I'm so damn excited about it all :D:D
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad that you have taken the plunge :)
    What is the P & P for orders for customers please?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure