Get a grip !

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am so sorry about the late nights with puppy. It will stop soon I hope. You sound really organised and did lots yesterday and today. I didn't do anything as I was out and will be for the rest of the weekend so I am v jealous.

You are entitled to a takeway I think you deserve it.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I am jealous of you being out all weekend SW ;) hope you have a lovely time and the weather is good.

DS had the late puppy shift at 2am so I slept from 10.30 till 5am which was much needed and got up with her at 5am which is my usual getting up for work time anyway. DS had a lie in. Puppy has been really good all day.

I got washing out on the line by 9am as it was lovely and sunny and breezy. It was dry by 11am and so I brought it in and put the hoover round before going out with my friend to the car boot. As we set off the sky went black and by the time we got to the field it was pouring with rain and thundering ! I had my brolly so we had a quick look around as people were packing up to go home, nothing bought today. The rain lasted about half an hour then it brightened up again. We had another heavy rain shower about 5pm no thunder this time. DS said puppy didn't even notice the thunder earlier which is good as some dogs don't like storms.

I popped into co-op on way home and got some yellow sticker RTC items - large chicken pie from £3.33 to £1.66 and spaghetti carbonara microwave meal down from £2.49 to £1.24.

For lunch today instead of a KFC for 2 we had aldi spicy chicken wings £1.99 and chicken chunks £1.75 with a jacket potato each and home made coleslaw. For dessert I got some ice creams similar to cornet-o type in aldi earlier in the week 4 for 89p. Big saving as usually would be about £15 for us 2 in KFC. I didn't have a takeaway last night, instead I had chicken kiev, oven fries and salad so managed to save some money there too.

Hopefully the weather will be dry tomorrow so I can cut the grass its looking like a jungle out there :o
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Early start again today let puppy out at 5am but then she went back in crate to sleep until 7am so I snoozed on the sofa.

2 loads of washing done, ironed and mostly put away.

Puppy's favourite thing today was chasing my long handled broom around the kitchen floor whilst I swept up. :D She has also become quite the escape artist, so much so that she can wriggle her fat little belly through the picket fence dog run and escape into the rest of the garden where there are stones for her to eat and she can get under the garden gate :eek:
    So, instead of cutting the lawn I went to screwfix to get some wire netting and wire for fixing it to the fence to block the gaps. total cost would have been £8.99 and £4.99. When I got there they were out of stock and the lovely lady serving me suggested The Range just around the corner. I never thought to check prices there and saved some money as the same items cost £7.99 and £2.99. DS has fixed it in place this afternoon whilst I scrubbed down the patio to get rid of any nasty niffs.
    So puppy is safely enclosed again ;) much to her disgust :rotfl:

Treated us to a cooked chicken picked up from moresons on way home £6.00 which we had with wraps and salad and leftovers in fridge for tomorrow. Made a curry for dinner with a bag of frozen chicken and a jar of sauce, nans and popadoms all from aldee so much cheaper than an indian takeaway. :D

Right, off to bed, up at 5am and back to work tomorrow.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well done on all of the hard work in keeping puppy and garden safe. I cant believe how busy you have been. I am taking it easy with ironing and a few other odd bits today. Ive no money really so I am staying in. lol.

I am dog sitting for my friend tomorrow and am rather excited about it.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Oh how exciting SW :j

I was a bit more organised this morning and managed to get to work on time having had breakfast and took a banana for a snack and didn't smell of puppy poop or have puppy food down my clothes :rotfl:

I've just had a pizza for lunch bit heavy on the carbs but felt I needed it ;)

Have been invited to afternoon tea by a friend next week at a local garden centre £10 for two on groupon so that will be nice and good to catch up with her as haven't seen her for a while.

Am relaxing for the rest of the day !

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well done on getting ready for work without evidence of the new lodger!!!! Glad you are going out next week and take it easy today as you have done plenty in the last few weeks.:j
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on getting ready for work without evidence of the new lodger!!!!

Haha SW, makes it sound like I've got a bit on the side stashed away lol.

Puppy's favourite thing today is tiny bits of frozen banana :D
    She's now started chasing after her ball and fetching it (sometimes on command ;) )

I've done some sewing today mending my underwear ! The underwires were poking out of two of my bras so I've cut up some scrap fabric and sewed it over. I've tried just sewing them before but the wires just came through again, then I read that a bit of fabric does the job better so thought I would give that a go.

Also chopped up an old towel for puppy cleaning & drying. When its raining its nice to rub her with a towel when she comes in. We had a walk down the road today (me walking carrying her as she hasn't had her 2nd jabs yet) and said hello to some of the neighbours. She was fascinated by all the cars and a motorbike and a couple of dogs passing on the other side of the road. She is getting very heavy already !

Stocked up on birthday cards from card factory after work as I needed one for my niece later this week and my friend next week. They do have some nice cards in there for less than the price of a stamp. Got a few nice ones as spares in case I forget anyone and save me buying last minute expensive ones in the co-op.

Living off savings diary
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    I gave up on those types of bras as I got fed up of the wires popping out and as I'm rather buxom, the wires were more like girders!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I think it's great that you are playing and training her so early. She will love the street I am sure! They love their walkies. I have never repaired a bra that's a good idea. :j

Ive had the laziest day ever.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Sometimes you need a relaxing day SW, things are busy enough when you are working so you to deserve some time off.

I had a walk to the post office before it closed and posted my niece a birthday card which I bought earlier. DS has gone to cinema and puppy has been in bed since 8.30 and I am just sat relaxing with my feet up.

I've got another appointment with the Doc next week after visit to hospital I am not willing to wait 2-3 years for recovery. Lost my voice again today. I am going to push doc to now refer me for speech therapy.

Living off savings diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback