Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I live opposite Salford Royal more or less , very handy I must say.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,564 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Id been trying to guess which hospital you were near in my head I had you near MRI or Northern General Cumbria as I knew you were fairly close to big city.
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Well I made it - my 1st completely full week in work since beginning of October :T:T

I've been absolutely shattered though as I've been for a short swim and gym after work a couple of times too. Ive been doing NO exercise since I've hurt my arm so this week has been the week to give myself a big kick up the behind and stop feeling sorry for myself. I've been in bed at 9 most of the week though and fast asleep by 10 past

I need to pay my cc off and am deliberating whether or not to renew my gym membership -it's unfortunate it's in the same month as my car insurance payment goes out but if I renew it straight away I get a free month and guest pass for a month too.......when I use it I enjoy it just got to get back into good habits.

I lost 2 1/2 lb at chub club this week so I'm taking control again....that was until I went out to a show at local theatre last night and friend bought a big bag of fruit pastilles :p ahh well - was good to get out but only just managed to keep my eyes open, I went straight to bed and crashed as soon as I got in. it was the Carpenters Story and they were amazing musicians - good to have a bit of a sing along to songs from my youth with my friend from the same time.

Going to a 65th party later - a friend's sister and I've known her all my life so a nice relaxed party in the sunshine I hope.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy the party :)

First full week back would be tough.
    No wonder that you are tired.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    I enjoyed the party at friends. I'd eaten before I went to try and help me resist too much party food !!!128514; Plus my friend will openly laugh and admit to her lack of catering skills....but she had pushed the boat out and ordered lots of ready made stuff from [email]c@stc@........so[/email] I tucked in and had some lovely Sangria. It's have been rude not to and Twas rather nice but I might live to regret it at weigh in on Thursday... I'm glad it was an afternoon do as we left at 8 and I was in bed snoring away at 9.

I've been waiting in for a parcel to be delivered today - it's not turned up yet.

Next door have taken out a masshoosive bush which my old friend who lived there before had let get out of hand as it was too much for her and it group was over to our garden. It's so different - much lighter... I can't get over it and keep looking out.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Glad that you enjoyed the party.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    Still enjoying being back at work although half nine is a late night. :rotfl::rotfl: I won't be sorry to break up for 2 weeks on Friday.
    Feeling a tad cheesed off as I'd dreamt of a fancy holiday in these school hols for our celebrations this year but hospitals, half pay and life in general just got in the way again....I know why I'm reluctant to plan things. Anyway a good friend has offered us her caravan in the lakes and I'm looking forward to that much more than going somewhere fancy complete with my arm in a splint and clothes a bulging.:eek::eek: dh is cancelling some of his holidays and once my arm is sorted properly we will have that special holiday.

Had a fairly low spend week but the book man is in tomorrow and I want to order some books for the grandkids - he does some great deals and I have a weakness for books.

SW tomorrow - not sure how it'll go as I've had some great days but could well have scuppered them over the weekend at friends party. I'll be happy with any loss or even a maintain but don't want to gain.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    You always get great bargains from the book man :)
    You will really enjoy your caravan holiday :)

• beanielou
    Hope you get a STS or a small loss tomorrow.
    I am hoping to scrape a STS!

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Milann just caught up with you. Good to hear you are back at work, going swimming and gym go you. Now you are active again the weight will fall off you . Your party sounded really nice especially the Sangria.

Jealous of your caravan hols in the lakes , it was looking beautiful last weekend in the sun. Have a good time , and enjoy most of all.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback