PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• jennhg88
    jennhg88 Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Today marks 9 weeks into the process. Infact it's nearly 10 weeks since the bottom of the chain had their offer accepted. We were all under the impression exchange was imminent and all solicitors were tidying things up to exchange.
    YESTERDAY (!!!) the FTB at the bottom asked for an additional survey on the property. 9 WEEKS IN!! What?! ARGH!!
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    twiddle thumbs, twiddle thumbs - I seem to do a lot of this
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • Another week goes by and still the same with outstanding queries. Early August completion is now out of the window. Need to be out of our current rental property at the end of August and were hoping to have a few jobs completed before we moved in, now looks like we'll be living in a building site. Lovely.

Just 3 outstanding queries with the sellers solicitor and we can hopefully exchange - had to have a coal mining search but that's all fine. It's a probate sale and the sellers solicitor takes an age to do anything. Aiming for an early August completion but that seems to be getting less likely by the day.
  • Trixsie1989
    Trixsie1989 Posts: 489 Forumite
    Update from me ... Vendors solicitor maintains that they have sent contracts over weeks ago but our solicitor hasn't received them !!!128580; estate agent is currently chasing them both to sort it out and they all have until this afternoon before I call for updates! So frustrating! Really thought the searches etc would have been ordered by now but nope, sat waiting for other people to pull their fingers out!

Funny how after I sent an email to all parties threatening to pull out of the purchase if this wasn't rectified today .... The contracts magically appeared on my solicitors desk!! !!!128580; So at least after a month the contracts are finally there and we can get moving with searches and enquiries now, which is all that is left to be done!
    Debt free finally :j
    First house purchase ... 2018 :j
  • BladeY_2
    BladeY_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Spoke to my solicitor on Tuesday she said we should be able to get completion by next Friday, She was going to speak with the sellers' solicitors but she's off till Tuesday now...

I'm here hoping so much, but is Tuesday to Friday to much to ask? seems it to be me...
  • Tink_x
    Tink_x Posts: 42 Forumite
    Just having a bit of a moan. But just when we think everything is ready and done and we can exchange. One more things crops up. “just awaiting for the bankruptcy search from sellers solicitors”
    Oh and now we just need the ta13 form back from bank.
    Then something else. Then another thing.
    ITS NEVER ENDING.

I’m losing patience. This house has fallen through for us TWICE. I just want to get it exchanged and locked in. I’m fed up and just full of anxiety.
  • jennhg88
    jennhg88 Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Tink_x wrote: »
    Just having a bit of a moan. But just when we think everything is ready and done and we can exchange. One more things crops up. “just awaiting for the bankruptcy search from sellers solicitors”
    Oh and now we just need the ta13 form back from bank.
    Then something else. Then another thing.
    ITS NEVER ENDING.

I’m losing patience. This house has fallen through for us TWICE. I just want to get it exchanged and locked in. I’m fed up and just full of anxiety.

In this position also. Incredibly frustrating and I really lost it with the EA this time. All solicitors were talking about when they could exchange which I always take as a good sign and then something happens. Gah.
  • Trixsie1989
    Trixsie1989 Posts: 489 Forumite
    Funny how after I sent an email to all parties threatening to pull out of the purchase if this wasn't rectified today .... The contracts magically appeared on my solicitors desk!! !!!128580; So at least after a month the contracts are finally there and we can get moving with searches and enquiries now, which is all that is left to be done!

All our paperwork bar the fixtures list has arrived :)
    Debt free finally :j
    First house purchase ... 2018 :j
  • Roo89
    Roo89 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Well my vendor is now on holiday for 2 weeks, hopefully their vendor will get all their paperwork completed in that time, so once they're back we can lock down some dates.

Everyone has said they want to complete by end of August, which will be perfect as our mortgage offer (and our vendor's mortgage offer) expires 10th September.

Timeline:
    DIP Approved - 30th Jan
    Offer Accepted on house - 12th Feb
    Solicitor's Instructed - 14th Feb
    Mortgage Application Submitted - 22th Feb
    Valuation & Surveys completed - 27th Feb
    Mortgage Offer Received - 14th March
    Solicitor advises ready to exchange - 12th April
    Chain Complete - 25th June

So much drama with the chain, but the EA has been amazing with keeping me updated, feel like I've been a thorn in her side with all my emails for updates. We're going to send her some flowers once we've got the keys as a thank you for putting up with me :rotfl:
  • Progress! Contract and TR1 form received today to sign in readiness for exchange. Solicitor has also requested deposit funds and sent us a completion statement. Can see us taking another hit in the wallet as any completion date requested within 2 weeks of exchange attracts a fee but we want to be in ASAP. The end may be in sight.

Another week goes by and still the same with outstanding queries. Early August completion is now out of the window. Need to be out of our current rental property at the end of August and were hoping to have a few jobs completed before we moved in, now looks like we'll be living in a building site. Lovely.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback