Travelling On

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hurrah :) It's booked :) How exciting :)

^^ This!!! Pleased you've sorted it :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Happy new diary. Norway sounds lovely. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello lovely people :j
    Whoop! Happy New Shiny Lovely Fresh Start!
    Yep, it's a fresh start alright - maybe I should have called it that, not "travelling on" :rotfl: too late now, but the thought is there.

Unbelievably, the SB for the Norwegian holiday have tracked, though the Wilko delivery hasn't ... since Norway is about a million points (I exaggerate) I don't really care.

Three year railcard has been renewed :eek: I didn't get the benefit that first year, but since then it's been invaluable. My current one expires tomorrow :o but this replacement *might* arrive before my trip to the British Library next week. Even if it doesn't, the 3 year discount is still worth having.

I was in London yesterday - another British Museum exhibition, which was *so* interesting. Bit too blowy on the street, though, it did occur to me to worry about gusts blowing roof tiles and then queuing at A&E ... not a useful way to go, after all! But window shopping at Heal's was worth the wind :rotfl: some very lovely things were seen!

Today ... more work on the border at the front, that's exposed by the fence being blown over. And my accounts :( these are now a matter of urgency. Expect much swearing, metaphorically speaking.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Mr Goldie renewed his railcard last week, he's had his money's worth out of it.

It's just over 2 years until I can get one - can't wait!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Even though I could only use it for 2 years, not the 3, it's paid for itself over and over again, it's been fantastic. And I've just had an email to say my replacement card has been despatched! That's service.

YouGov survey done.

An hour's work in the front border done - because its so easy to access, thats much more effective than in the back garden, hurray.

I'm currently admiring the Trespass sale - it's all a bit different from Primark :rotfl: but I might as well buy quality for Norway - there won't be any easily accessible shops in most of the places, after all :D

Liverpool Derby on TV tonight. Both teams have fans within the family....
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    You Gov survery done too.Yawn.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,979
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Lovely new diary and great news about the Norway booking.

We have only done 1 cruise, ship only 700 people, a Baltic cruise and we loved it, had hoped to do a Norwegian Ffiords a while back, but they would not accept me because I was under investigation for a health issue, had a couple more since then, so hoping that later this year the latest will be resolved and we can book (fingers crossed smiley needed:D)

I hope the fence repairs not too expensive, blustery, but no damage here:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Even though I could only use it for 2 years, not the 3, it's paid for itself over and over again, it's been fantastic. And I've just had an email to say my replacement card has been despatched! That's service.

YouGov survey done.

An hour's work in the front border done - because its so easy to access, thats much more effective than in the back garden, hurray.

I'm currently admiring the Trespass sale - it's all a bit different from Primark :rotfl: but I might as well buy quality for Norway - there won't be any easily accessible shops in most of the places, after all :D

Liverpool Derby on TV tonight. Both teams have fans within the family....

Good quality outdoor clothing that is fit for purpose = essential. Go for it :)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,617
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Love my railcard too - very useful.

Great to read your plans - so lovely to hear you feeling you have the energy to do some of this. Enjoy, have fun
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    With everyone else on the winter gear. Finally bought a winter coat in November and it's a proper one with decent insulation. So much better. I was an idiot for not doing it years ago.

Haha. I used to live in Liverpool, the derby days were always a good time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback