MSE News: Consumer Focus axe could cost consumers millions

Options
2»

Comments

• Bobjob_2
    Options
    Martin is absolutely right to criticise this Government stupidity. Consumer Focus may be horribly bureaucratic as an organisation, but it includes some of the brightest people NOT working in industry. With this concentration of talent it's less likely large companies will be able to get away with devious methods of confusing and fleecing customers (that's you and me) such as creating hundreds of separate tariffs for energy supply, or dragging their feet over ISA transfers. No underfunded amateurs at the CAB or (often non-existent) Trading Standards Officers at individual councils are likely to be able to take on companies like E.ON, HSBC, Royal Mail etc. The really crazy thing is that it saves so little money. Very short sighted move, and indicative of the base ignorance behind Tory policy.
  • Googlewhacker
    Options
    Bobjob wrote: »
    Martin is absolutely right to criticise this Government stupidity. Consumer Focus may be horribly bureaucratic as an organisation, but it includes some of the brightest people NOT working in industry. With this concentration of talent it's less likely large companies will be able to get away with devious methods of confusing and fleecing customers (that's you and me) such as creating hundreds of separate tariffs for energy supply, or dragging their feet over ISA transfers. No underfunded amateurs at the CAB or (often non-existent) Trading Standards Officers at individual councils are likely to be able to take on companies like E.ON, HSBC, Royal Mail etc. The really crazy thing is that it saves so little money. Very short sighted move, and indicative of the base ignorance behind Tory policy.

Did you point out that the customer was you and me in case it was to confusing ;)
    The Googlewhacker referance is to Dave Gorman and not to my opinion of the search engine!

If I give you advice it is only a view and always always take professional advice before acting!!!

4 people on the ignore list....Bliss!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport