Boots - Free 250 points if you have a House of Fraser loyalty card

Options
Saw this on a promoted tweet...

Free £2.50 of Boots Advantage card points (250 points) when you show a House of Fraser loyalty card or unclaimed gift card at Boots instore, from today until Monday. No purchase necessary.

Comments

• cazkins
    cazkins Posts: 333 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I've not come across this... Just walk to the till in Boots, show them the HOF card, and they'll add 250pts to your Advantage card? Seems pretty good if it works! =]
    ... Just Keep Swimming ...
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    also on hotdeals uk

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-250-boots-advantage-points-250-points-when-you-show-a-house-of-fraser-loyalty-card-or-gift-card-boots-instore-3026219

Some people are reporting that Boots staff know nothing about it and refusing it.

Apparently it is in the Metro paper and so it has been suggested you take a copy in with you.
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Damn my efficiency!

I discarded my HoF loyalty card when I heard they'd gone down under.
  • Exile_geordie
    Exile_geordie Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    Options
    keiran wrote: »
    Damn my efficiency!

I discarded my HoF loyalty card when I heard they'd gone down under.

They went under for about 3 hours!!!
    Dont rock the boat
    Dont rock the boat ,baby
  • cazkins
    Options
    It was also promoted on the Boots Facebook page. Apparently some staff know, others don't; best to take your HOF card in and see if they'll honour it, taking a screenshot or printout if you can. Apparently HOF are still issuing loyalty cards, so if you don't already have one...
  • epm-84
    epm-84 Posts: 2,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cazkins wrote: »
    It was also promoted on the Boots Facebook page. Apparently some staff know, others don't; best to take your HOF card in and see if they'll honour it, taking a screenshot or printout if you can. Apparently HOF are still issuing loyalty cards, so if you don't already have one...

I couldn't find anything online other than a screenshot of a Metro article and a screenshot from @bootsuk of a tweet which has since been deleted. There's nothing advertising it in store and when I went in earlier the store was understaffed and had a long queue (possibly due to the rail strike happening today) so given there isn't a House of Fraser near my town I guessed that I'd probably queue up for a long time only to be told they haven't heard of it.
  • cazkins
    Options
    It's gone from their Facebook page too which is a little odd..! Also checked the information someone else provided about HOF still doing loyalty cards and was told by a staff member they're not; due to the website being down, they're unable to register new cards.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    I got my points today.

The SA tried to tell me at first that you had to buy something and that they did not know quite what to do about the whole thing!

I pushed home the point that it was advertised as not having to make a purchase.

She also said there is nothing to stop someone going to lots of different branches and getting the points every time. I assured her I would not be doing that but complained to her that Boots should have thought all this through beforehand and advised their staff accordingly.

After she went off to discuss with someone else she came back and did it.

Why do do these offers often prove to be such a problem?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    cazkins wrote: »

Boots have probably taken it down because as usual some seek to abuse it by doing it over and over again and spoil it for everybody else.

I hope they get the points taken away from their accounts.
  • epm-84
    epm-84 Posts: 2,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I got my points today.

The SA tried to tell me at first that you had to buy something and that they did not know quite what to do about the whole thing!

I pushed home the point that it was advertised as not having to make a purchase.

She also said there is nothing to stop someone going to lots of different branches and getting the points every time. I assured her I would not be doing that but complained to her that Boots should have thought all this through beforehand and advised their staff accordingly.

After she went off to discuss with someone else she came back and did it.

Why do do these offers often prove to be such a problem?

I think a problem with any retail store is they've got a lot of part time workers and there's no time when everyone is in so they can all be properly briefed at the same time.

Surely they should either require you to hand over the card or have something on the advantage card system to prevent 250 bonus points being added more than once. A store like Waitrose apparently knows if you've had a complimentary coffee in another store on the same day so it must be possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure