2019 Wedding

Comments

• Hi Everyone!

Me and the H2B are getting married on the 13th July this year.
    We are having a bit of a DIY wedding as couldn't afford to go to an all inclusive venue.
    We are having a registry office wedding ceremony and then off to a listed building in my home town which as it turns out runs wedding receptions, which I never knew before!
    It has the most beautiful main hall with big stained glass windows and a lovely dark blue and gold ceiling :)
    So far managing to keep costs down- found my wedding dress in an end of line sale at a lovely bridal shop in the city centre. The MIL has bought us a load of prosecco for welcome drinks and toasts at the venue, and I work for a printing company so have managed to design and (eventually) print my own invites.
    Have had a fair few stresses with the planning the last couple of months but hopefully now everything will come together!
    Has been lovely reading about all of your experiences in this thread :) x
  • Hi guys

I've added Leighlovescake and MrsAW2019 to the list, welcome to you both :D

We went to view a coupe of wedding cars yesterday, and whilst they are lovely, the guy put us off! It felt like we'd be paying for a really expensive taxi, he literally wanted to take us to the register office and drop us off at the rugby club and wouldn't be keen to hang around for photos! I've seen other companies are up front with what you pay for and include a drive in the vehicle you've paid loads of money for. I think we'll either hire a nicer car for a few days or just use our own!

I've almost finished my bouquet, just need to tidy up the bit you hold and add some trailing ribbon.

How's everyone else getting on?
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • BeckyAP
    BeckyAP Posts: 50 Forumite
    Hi all,

So we've had our quote back from the decorator (because of the type of venue we've booked, we have to use a decorating company - choice of 2) and to have our top choices of everything was coming in at nearly £900!! :eek: That's more than we've paid for the OH suit or my dress!
    Needless to say, we need to have some discussions about whats important and what isn't.

kdalwayskint is it alright making your own bouquet? I've had a friend (former florist) say she can teach me how to do bouquets and button holes but I'm not sure if she's really got the time!
  • BeckyAP wrote: »
    kdalwayskint is it alright making your own bouquet? I've had a friend (former florist) say she can teach me how to do bouquets and button holes but I'm not sure if she's really got the time!
    Hi Becky, I watched a lot of tutorials and looked at loads of pictures to work out the sort of bouquet I wanted. Gathered all the bits and pieces I needed and thought I'd just give it a go and see how it goes, I took a lot of time and had to take a few bits apart a coupe of times, I've got something I'm happy with :D I can't work out how to put a photo on :( but I'll put some photos in my fb craft page if you want to take a look 'Sillymoo makes' photo of a felt snow man is the profile pic
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • BeckyAP
    BeckyAP Posts: 50 Forumite
    That looks so good! Great colours and really nice arrangement.

The OH and I had a bit of a tiff last night about the wedding - I was trying to explain that I really didn't want to come back to the house straight after the wedding, I'd rather be in a hotel etc. It was only a stupid little thing but it showed me how stressed I was getting over things. UGH! Still got 10 months to go....
  • charlie792
    charlie792 Posts: 1,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 January 2019 at 3:32PM
    Hi all, could you add me to the list. date not confirmed but venue picked and will be one of the first three weekends in November 19 -should be confirmed next week or so once we've confirmed availablity with registrar.

It's going to be a bit of a suprise to family, we've been together 10+ years and we've not told anyone our plans so far.

Looked at arranging to give notice but realised we need OH birth certificate and shockingly that's still at his folks :eek: so we may have to look to tell them now, wish us luck on that one :rotfl:
    MFW 2020 #111 Offset Balance £69,394.80/ £69,595.11
    Aug 2014 £114,750 -35 yrs (2049)
    Sept 2016 £104,800
    Nov 2018 £82,500 -24 yrs (2042)

• IvysMom
    IvysMom Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi charlie792

Does he not have a valid passport? You can use this instead of the birth certificate as evidence for the notice of marriage. If you really don't want the family to know yet you can get a copy of his birth certificate for just under £10. Link below:

https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate
  • Hi everyone

I've added Charlie792 to the list, just trying to think of things you could say to H2Bs family to get birth certificate - say he's applying for passport if he hasn't got one - the bank need to see it regarding the mortgage - he feels old enough to have it in his own home.

I've booked a make up appointment at B@@ts for 2nd February, I'm planning on doing my own make up, I don't know why but I feel a bit jittery about it so H2B suggested I go for a trial in either Deb'nams or B@@ts and as i use one of their ranges anyway I thought I may as well.

Our RSVP date is 1st February but so far only friends have replied, not looking forward to having to chase people for a response - how's everyone else approaching this?

Hope you're all keeping well x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • charlie792
    charlie792 Posts: 1,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 January 2019 at 3:33PM
    We bit the bullet, it was all fine in the end ;)

full steam ahead now, Venue booked, registrar reserved and notice appointment booked in :T
    MFW 2020 #111 Offset Balance £69,394.80/ £69,595.11
    Aug 2014 £114,750 -35 yrs (2049)
    Sept 2016 £104,800
    Nov 2018 £82,500 -24 yrs (2042)

• Ah great news :)

What date have you gone for? I'll update the list :)
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts