GE Money

Options
Has anyone had any dealings with GE Money?

I have all of the original paperwork and sent copies with the letter which I downloaded from MSE.
Finally they have written back saying that they are unable to uphold the complaint because although GE Money provided the finance for the PPI, they did not sell it to us. It was taken out through Grand Vacation (now Diamond Resorts) and that I have to deal direct with them.

Does anyone any feedback or success from either GVC (Diamond Resorts) or GE?

Many thanks

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They are correct. The seller is liable. If it was sold prior to 2005, your complaint is destined to fail because it would not have been regulated at that time.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • JDodson
    JDodson Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2018 at 10:41AM
    Options
    I have just won 2 others that were taken in 2000, they weren't with GE though.
    It's interesting that GE let them complete the loan application on their behalf
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    JDodson wrote: »
    It's perfectly normal for insurance to be sold by third parties, nothing unique or "interesting" about it I'm afraid.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Not at all. Its very common. Car dealers are a frequent example. As are mortgage brokers.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • hopewer
    hopewer Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    They are correct. The seller is liable. If it was sold prior to 2005, your complaint is destined to fail because it would not have been regulated at that time.

I just claimed successfully from 1995, though it was settled on behalf of the insurer, and they were regulated.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hopewer wrote: »
    I just claimed successfully from 1995, though it was settled on behalf of the insurer, and they were regulated.

There is a very small window in a very small number of cases where the insurer carries the liability. Estimated to be in single digit number of cases. It requires a commercial relationship of a certain type and for the insurer to be a member of an earlier body. The date you can go back to is the period of their membership.

Are you saying yours was a GE Money loan or was it a different lender/insurer combination?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure