IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HX Car Park Management PCN wrong reg typed into machine

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why not, have you not read the NEWBIES thread properly? IPC firms are covered there.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ibcus
    Ibcus Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    I have read it, it may not be as clear as you think it is
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Q - ''My PCN is from an IPC member, should I really not try IAS, and why not?''

A - If it's PCM then give it a go as they seem to enter 'no contests' sometimes, but otherwise, no chance unless you have something ground-shattering like proof there are NO signs up, or if they've said you were the driver/keeper and you are neither (e.g. if you are a non-driving resident and appealed instead of a family member keeper/driver, then it can be fun to expose the PPC to that fact at IAS, proving you can't drive!). Normal appeal facts like 'I was not the driver, no keeper liability' don't cut it with the IAS which is deemed to be a kangaroo court, and losing that stage will make most posters feel worse, and more worried. SO DON'T!
    Seems clear to me, but I wrote it!

What about simply searching the forum for 'wrong VRN' and reading other threads exactly the same? Or just ignoring it until/unless a court claim happens.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ibcus
    Options
    as clear as mud
    but otherwise, no chance unless you have something ground-shattering like proof there are NO signs up, or if they've said you were the driver/keeper and you are neither (e.g. if you are a non-driving resident and appealed instead of a family member keeper/driver, then it can be fun to expose the PPC to that fact at IAS, proving you can't drive!).
  • Ibcus
    Options
    My previous posts may have seemed a little antagonistic.

I must admit I was quite drunk (JD and coke) and had read that many posts they all jumbled into one drunken mess.

I would like to apologise.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you at any point opened up a dialogue with the landowner?
    Whos car park was it? in most cases the parking company will be infesting someone else's land operating on their behalf.

A landowner cancellation is the easiest and simplest way to get rid of these parking charge notices, and if you cant get a cancellation from them then your next aim is to get a confirmation that they do not want their agents to pursue this matter through the court system, that will effectively pull the rug from under the PPCs feet, as without landowner authorisation they cant do anything.
    And if the landowner refuses to play ball, then you can at least tie them up with complaints, forcing them to dedicate a huge amount of time and resources into dealing with their agents actions
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Ibcus
    Options
    I don't know who the land owner is.
    The main sign says 'This site is managed by Cumbria Parking Services LTD' with a phone number.
    Then it says the enforcement scheme is operated by HX.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 April 2018 at 2:40PM
    Options
    This site is managed by Cumbria Parking Services LTD
    Then there's your starting point. If they won't help you, ask for the landowner's details.

Or do some Google searches.

Or phone the local planning office.

Or try the local Valuation Office

Or pay the Land Registry three quid and they'll tell you.

Don't be a rabbit between the headlights!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    they seemed quite happy to see her in court.

Where, imo, they will crash and burn. This is a very minor breach of contract, which has inconvenienced the PPC not one iota, it is most unlikely that a judge would award them £100 for what many regard as a trifle. The Law does not concern itself with trifles.

Google Parking fines wrong VRN and see how others have fared.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Ibcus
    Options
    Is it worth sending an appeal via HX's website?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback