Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

Comments

• gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Try changing http to https in the address box.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • theyiddo
    theyiddo Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    fhannah wrote: »
    We were keen to make the switch to Usio but both on Apple Safari and Windows IE internet browsers the website is not secure/encrypted.

I will not put my full bank details on any site that does not meet even basic security standards.

I am sure I could telephone them with my details but this has put me off completely, as it raises concerns about other areas where my personal information may be at risk.

Strange, as the only part that was not "https" for me was the initial quote section (which does not need to be) - anything where I had to enter personal details was secure.
  • theyiddo
    JohnAdams wrote: »
    I've been waiting on a promised smart meter install for around 3 months now, they did arrange a date around a month in but they never turned up. After trying numerous times to reach them on their phone (which they automatically send you to voicemail at 2 minutes, probably to keep call waiting times down for Ofgem, and never returned my call) i finally got hold of them and they blamed it on them switching metering provider.

2 months later and still no smart meter and i've been told it will at least be another month. Appears they have grown too fast to keep up their promises.

The company doing the installs for Usio called me about a month ago, and the earliest date in my area was end Sep - can't remember their name, but think it began with an "M". I'm not overly concerned as I have a smart meter installed previously by EDF, so it still gives me a reasonable estimate of the energy being used even though the tariff is different.
  • theyiddo wrote: »
    have recently switched (on 6th may) from npower to usio on their "home after 7pm" fixed tariff. The switch itself went smoothly and within the 21 days.

I've already got a smart meter installed, but am just waiting for them to contact me about installing their own (they confirmed they would be in touch).

Will give you all an update a few months in to see how they are performing.

what is this after 7pm means?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just starting the switch to Usio Smart Green Fix 5.1 for leccy.
    Don't really want a SMETS1 meter fitted (don't think it'll work anyway because of very flaky mobile coverage) but some earlier posts suggested that USIO are well behind with fitting schedules. Is that still the case?
  • fleur38
    fleur38 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I did my comparisons with MSE Energy Club, decided I wanted Usio Smart Green Fixed 5.1, so clicked through to their website. Had to enter all my info again and so did, including fact that I already have a smartmeter. It gave me options, including one I wanted but added the condition that I can't already have a smartmeter and that I have to agree to having one of theirs installed.
    This might stop me switching to them in which case I would like to know and i'll go elsewhere, thanks.
    I clicked on the 'help' banner but it was not live help chat (but looked like it would be with a help chat box that popped up). It just converted it into an email and said that someone would be back to me soonest.
    Anyone else had this? If already having a smartmeter voids you, then it should say so in comments on MSE site to save people wasting their time.
    GC £34.14/£200
  • fleur38
    fleur38 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hadn't heard back from USIO so called today. If you already have a smartmeter installed you can only have one of their tariffs.
    It's variable and a lot more expensive that the one I wanted from MSE cheap energy site. I wanted Smart Green Fixed 5.1
    I did say that I was prepared to have one of their meters installed and asked what the difference was with my meter and a normal meter in that I was happy to take readings and send them in. The nice lady said she didn't know but I could only have their one and only tariff available to people who currently have smartmeters. When I orginally had mine installed it was said that everyone needed one by 2020 so I just got mine done early. Was also told by British Gas that it would still work even if I switched supplier after - it doesn't. It's one of the ones that has gone dumb and I have to take monthly readings myself.
    Didn't go with Usio, went elsewhere.
    GC £34.14/£200
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    fleur38 wrote: »
    Hadn't heard back from USIO so called today. If you already have a smartmeter installed you can only have one of their tariffs.
    It's variable and a lot more expensive that the one I wanted from MSE cheap energy site. I wanted Smart Green Fixed 5.1
    I did say that I was prepared to have one of their meters installed and asked what the difference was with my meter and a normal meter in that I was happy to take readings and send them in. The nice lady said she didn't know but I could only have their one and only tariff available to people who currently have smartmeters.

Many of the suppliers are looking for "unconverted" households to count towards their Govt./OFGEM obligations install targets. I suspect that houses already with Smart meters are excluded from the stats.:(
    I've signed up to Usio -but I'm hoping that they won't get round to chasing me for an install until I'm ready to switch again:rotfl:
  • hkhan194 wrote: »
    what is this after 7pm means?

Its just the name of one of their fixed rate tariffs.

Capture.jpg
  • theyiddo
    edited 3 September 2018 at 8:46AM
    fleur38 wrote: »
    I did say that I was prepared to have one of their meters installed and asked what the difference was with my meter and a normal meter in that I was happy to take readings and send them in. The nice lady said she didn't know but I could only have their one and only tariff available to people who currently have smartmeters. When I orginally had mine installed it was said that everyone needed one by 2020 so I just got mine done early. Was also told by British Gas that it would still work even if I switched supplier after - it doesn't. It's one of the ones that has gone dumb and I have to take monthly readings myself.
    Didn't go with Usio, went elsewhere.

That was not the case when I signed up in May...I already had a smart meter installed previously by EDF about 2 or 3 years ago and had the option of the fixed or variable tariff when I joined Usio. I wonder why they've changed that?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure