IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice - VCS - Liverpool JL Airport

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ok thanks for your thoughts. Sorry for sounding dim but I don't know what LBC or MCOL stand for?

explained in the NEWBIES sticky thread, essential reading for everyone

please read it

then google the terms and familiarise yourself with them
  • Hi,

Interesting that the signs at LJlA are illegal.

I received notice that I had stopped illegally in Sept 2016. I appealed on basis that 1) no proof I was driver 2) signage was poor as no notice that this was private land and that I had left public road 3) place stopped to pick up was not an access road etc.

They rejected appeal out right.

Now received letter from lblegal threatening me with court action for £160. I tried to log onto their system but error came back that my details didn't match the info they had so it wldnt let me set up account. So emailed them to correct this. They never answered.

Now again they have written threatening legal action. I will send the a copy of my email and my chase up email at their failure to respond.

Question is what is the likelihood they will try to go to court given situation and doubts about LJLA?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    the signs are not illegal, but they dont comply with various rules and Liverpool Council have been looking into them in regards to getting them to comply in various respect , see the long thread on pepipoo about them

you did not get a notice saying the vahicle was parked illegally , because if you had it would be the AIRPORT sending you a bylaws penalty notice, which you did not receive and they only had 6 months to issue one - which they never do

what you actually received was a civil invoice from VCS instead, a Parking Charge Notice , or pcn for short , totally different and nothing to do with the alleged "offence"

this was what you appealed , and failed like everyone else (there are tens of thousands outstanding)

BW LEGAL are huffing and puffing, but it is very unlikely that an MCOL will be issued, because if you won (or anyone else) it would show up the farce for what it is, same applies to other airports and railway stations and ports , where bylaws apply

so extremely unlikely, plus pepipoo have a fighting fund to help with any court claims, which has been around for a couple of years or more and AFAIK hasnt been used

if BW LEGAL (or VCS) ever issue an official LBC , respond and deny it , refute it , rebut it , with help from here or pepipoo forums

if BW LEGAL (or VCS) ever issue an MCOL (a postal MCOL from Northampton bulk centre) - come back for further help on here and on pepipoo forums

and acquaint yourself with the correct terms and the facts surrounding this farce at airports like LJLA and RHA etc
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    What is the full name of lblegal, and their address please? Redx mentions BW Legal, who is threatening you? lblegal or BW Legal. Can you post the letter.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • VICKO
    VICKO Posts: 1 Newbie
    Good day
    Not sought any advice anywhere before on this but as there is some relative similarity I thought I'd post...
    I was issued with a PCN back in August 2015 and thinking the appeal would actually be read and have a reasonable response I did so asking why I had received this when I had stopped outside of the controlled zone opposite Dunlop Road. I received a letter back to say my appeal had been rejected and that in response to me going on about bylaws, they don't apply in this instance... What bylaws? I never mentioned any.... ?
    I rang and spoke to someone and asked what this was all about and that the images they have produced as evidence were incorrect and snapshots of a zoomed in low resolution recording that did not show the signage to the right hand carriageway of the entry to the controlled area which I had passed as I exited. This put my position on the road past the point where the double red lines change to yellow. This call fell on deaf ears and I requested that the evidence was re-examined as it was false and they had no right to pursue an invoice for breach of parking conditions/contract. I waited some time before called again as I had not heard anything and was told that they had reviewed the video footage and my appeal with the result being that I was to pay the charge.
    I spent many hours gathering photographic evidence and communicating with BW Legal, asking them to see sense and that their clients claim was false. I tried to send such evidence to VCS via 2 email addresses that continually returned no destination and pinged back to me? So I sent all of this to BW Legal to pass on... This was by now late 2015/early 2016 and I then heard nothing.... Until last week.
    Feb 2018 BW Legal have been instructed to recover the sum of £154. Again I have tried to explain that they are mistaken and IMO they have breached the IPC code of practice on a number of points. I now think its possible that the DPA is also breached as they had no reason to request the information.
    I can not find anywhere an official map that outlines the controlled area, has anyone seen one for JLA ?
    Many thanks..
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello VICKO, welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to say that that slab of text didn't entice me to read your post, but never mind, I'll offer some advice anyway.

Please have a read of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread where in all probability any question you may have asked is already answered.

If you still have questions, then please start your own thread as trying to deal with two different incidents with two different people can only lead to confusion.
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    The_Slithy_Tove Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    VICKO wrote: »
    I can not find anywhere an official map that outlines the controlled area, has anyone seen one for JLA ?
    You should really start your won thread if you want to continue to discuss your case, ratehr than post on near year-old one.

There are loads of JLA threads on pepipoo.com, and I am sure one of them has a map. Good luck finding it!
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    as above ... please start a new thread ... as the old pat of this thread may well have out of date information ...

the forum start page is here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

and the new thread button is top left

if you are using a phone to browse .. a laptop / PC makes things easier ....

there are forum members who live close to JLA and I am sure when they see your thread will be able to help out re the map
    good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • How long does it take for them to send you this notice of parking on double red lines as I parked for several minutes last Friday now been a week could anybody enlighten me please.
  • Could anyone tell me how long does it take to receive a notice of parking on double red lines at Jl Airport it has now been six days?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure