Weekend in Newcastle - How much?

2»

Comments

• warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Gemm83 wrote: »
    Its a weekend away for my husband's 40th. He's a massive Brighton fan and I am a massive newcastle fan and it just so happens they are playing that weekend.

So nice celebratory meal friday night.
    Some sightseeing and lunch before the football and then will probably frequent a few selected bars.

Sunday will be sightseeing a spot of lunch and early dinner as we are driving home on the Monday.

To the poster who currently lives there are they any events on over the weekend? Was thinking of a trip to The Sage/Quayside etc.

It's a great place for a football weekend. Much cheaper overall than down south. Just warn your hubby that the away seating is up about 40 flights of stairs. It's a heck of a climb!
    Pants
  • Gemm83 wrote: »
    Its a weekend away for my husband's 40th. He's a massive Brighton fan and I am a massive newcastle fan and it just so happens they are playing that weekend.

So nice celebratory meal friday night.

El Coto do AMAZING tapas!
    Also check out The Alchemist in Eldon Square :)
    I personally love The Stack, which is where the old Odeon cinema was - beer's a touch pricey but the atmosphere's lovely.

Some sightseeing and lunch before the football and then will probably frequent a few selected bars.

BALTIC Art gallery's pretty good, it's also right next to the Millenium Bridge. The pubs on the Quayside are, unfortunately, mostly extortionate.
    Always worth having a little trip to the Angel, and if you don't mind a drive, Beamish Museum is pretty cool.
    In fact - most of the Museum's in Newcastle are good. The Discovery and Hancock are best :)

Sunday will be sightseeing a spot of lunch and early dinner as we are driving home on the Monday.

Centre for Life's great for a lazy Sunday! I used to work there and it was so much fun :)
    Also perhaps the Newcastle Castle itself for some local history.

To the poster who currently lives there are they any events on over the weekend? Was thinking of a trip to The Sage/Quayside etc.

There's a few for starters - if I think of or find anything else I'll edit :)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • Flobberchops
    Flobberchops Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Judging by what Northerners say when they're visiting London, I believe beer is about 50p a pint in Newcastle. So, about £20 should do you for the weekend. Make sure you take it as two tens though, the locals have never seen a bigger denomination and in the best case scenario will refuse to accept it. Worst case scenario is they imprison you in a wicker man and you become the main attraction at the Winter Solstice Bonfire.

Enjoy your trip!
    : )
  • See you in The Split Chimp micropub after the game. I will be smiling, hopefully your husband will be crying. Check out https://www.splitchimp.pub
  • Its not the end of the world - but you can see it from there
  • Dorian1958 wrote: »
    See you in The Split Chimp micropub after the game. I will be smiling, hopefully your husband will be crying. Check out https://www.splitchimp.pub

Cracking little place! Have you also been to the Mean-Eyed Cat and the Town Mouse?

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • Mean eyed cat before the game, split chimp after the victory, gan canny bonny lass.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Nice present to your husband from Brighton and Hove Albion FC. :D
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure