Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Silian
    Silian Posts: 165 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2018 at 7:16PM
    Options
    ftbwannabe wrote: »
    Good luck. Fingers crossed the bank says yes this time.
    Thanks :) - and the same to you. Do you have any idea of timelines?

Edit: actually, reading your post you should know in the next day or two. Good luck!

The worst is the uncertainty. If I knew for a fact they won't lend on the property I can start my property search again. Right now my heart just isn't in it and every advert I look at I go "meh, it does not have... (mention something current choice has that wasn't even on our wish list)"
  • cherryblossomzel
    cherryblossomzel Posts: 511 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 October 2018 at 11:11AM
    Options
    Can I join? Just got a call from the EA that my offer was accepted and the property will be taken off the market. Next step - have a chat with my broker, and solicitor.

13/10 - offer accepted
    17/10 - gave my broker all the final information needed to apply for the mortgage this morning.

I'm applying with Coventry, who is apparently reasonably easy and currently has an average time to offer of 22 days. My case is very straightforward so hoping for an offer in early November.
  • mai_taylor
    Options
    17/09/2018 – Made offer
    20/09/2018? – offer accepted and AIP sent over.
    24/09/2018 – Solicitors forms filled in and sent
    04/10/2018 – Full mortgage application sent in to the post office
    08/10/2018 - Solicitor applied for searches.

It's now been 2 weeks since our application went in and we've heard nothing since, should we be worried?
  • lmshaw
    Options
    After being glued to this thread for the past week I thought I would post my timeline for Virgin Money. Although it didn't feel like it at the time, it was a relatively quick and pain free process.

Fri 28 Sept: First meeting with mortgage broker who told us to start looking at properties
    Mon 1 Oct: First viewing - loved the house and knew it was "the one" immediately
    Mon 2 Oct: Back to see mortgage broker, he advised us to put an offer in without DIP due to the hard search virgin do at this stage
    Wed 3 Oct: Solicitor put offer in (decined), solicitor put second offer in (declined), third offer accepted!! Back to see mortgage broker, DIP done and then full application submitted immediately after. All virgin asked for was 2 months payslips and a P60
    Thurs 4 Oct: Virgin confirmed receipt of application and valuation instructed
    Thurs 11 Oct: Valuation carried out
    Fri 12 Oct: Valuation sent to Virgin
    Tues 16 Oct: Offer issued!!!!

The application took 12 calendar days from start to finish. And no one trawling through my bank statements either!! :j
  • winner_winner_2
    Options
    28/09/2018 - DIP received
    01/10/2018 - Application submitted by broker
    02/10/2018 - Santander confirmed application received
    05/10/2018 - Valuation completed
    17/10/2018 - Offer received
  • luckofthe_irish
    Options
    Joining up for support as I am a FTB petrified I won't get my mortgage!! I am applying for a 95% mortgage on a freehold property with Halifax.

Timeline so far:
    07/10 - saw house and put offer in.
    08/10 - initial offer rejected. Revised slightly and reoffered.
    09/10 - offer accepted (woop).
    10/10 - engaged my mortgage broker.
    11/10 - interview with broker and provided ID documentation.
    15/10 - decided best mortgage was with Halifax. DIP received.
    16/10 - mortgage application submitted to Halifax via broker.
    17/10 - Halifax came back asking for further proof of deposit as they weren't happy with online ISA statement and proof that I could cover mortgage fees as I hadn't calculated these in my deposit. I have been very lucky to have been gifted the fee by my parents so I needed them to sign a letter confirming it was a gift. All sent back to Halifax via broker.
    18/10 - checked bank account and survey fees have been taken by Halifax.

Is the fact the fees have been taken a good sign?! I am not sure if this is just standard practice or if it is a positive sign!
    Trying to make my way on my MSE adventure.. Debt free since June 2018:j

December GC £32.58/£130
    November GC £101.14/£135 :: another month under budget! :: another m
    Emergency Fund £104.77/£1000:(
  • ftbwannabe
    Options
    Silian wrote: »
    Thanks :) - and the same to you. Do you have any idea of timelines?

Edit: actually, reading your post you should know in the next day or two. Good luck!

The worst is the uncertainty. If I knew for a fact they won't lend on the property I can start my property search again. Right now my heart just isn't in it and every advert I look at I go "meh, it does not have... (mention something current choice has that wasn't even on our wish list)"
    Thanks. My lender does the valuation first, and is notoriously slow, so I suspect there's at least another week of waiting, & wondering how fast asbestos can kill me ;-)
    I know what you mean, I try to look at ads for other places but they aren't comparing! FIngers crossed we both get what we want (or something better). :beer:
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • Frankel17
    Options
    Frankel17 wrote: »
    Directly with Nationwide:

12/10: DIP submitted - referred to underwriters with document request for latest payslip and evidence of last 3 bonuses

15/10: Documents submitted. DIP approved.
    15/10: Offer accepted

16/10: Solicitors appointed
    16/10: Full application submitted to Nationwide

19/10: Valuation booked for 23/10
  • ironmanjason
    Options
    Ok I'll jump in as well..

17/09 DIP from halifax
    21/09 first viewing
    01/10 second viewing
    06/10 third viewing
    12/10 - 15/10 offer placed and negotiation and offer acceptance.
    17/10 instructed solicitor and purchased home buyer protection
    19/10 mortgage dip and application submitted to nationwide

Now anxious wait time begins

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019
  • novelty-socks
    Options
    Hi folks! Just been pointed here after joining the 'waiting to exchange' thread. Had an offer accepted this week (after some back and forth). Just instructed a solicitor and pulling together documents for our mortgage broker this weekend.

Great seeing other people's experiences here - hoping for a smooth ride!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback