HSBC Mortgage Application Timings?

Options
123457»

Comments

• fultones
    Options
    Had AIP in September found property, had offer accepted yesterday, completed online application (without advice), submitted docs, was asked to sumbit copy of passport and recieved a text to say my mortgage is approved, subject to valuation! :)
  • stokie21
    stokie21 Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 4 April 2019 at 1:57PM
    Options
    No broker used just seen a deal on the HSBC website so i applied online on the 25th March, where DIP was given so continued to full application and submitted it and got status "decision obtained"

They did an instant online valuation it was 2k out from my guess! so was happy with that

28th asked for bank statements from the wife who don't bank with them ( i do so nothing needed from me )

29th uploaded all requested info. The online application status still says "decision obtained" and has never changed from that since the 25th
    If It's Not Broke Dont Fix It !!

:T
  • Canyonero3
    Options
    I applied online to HSBC on Tuesday, uploaded docs on Wednesday. They've contacted to arrange a valuation survey today(Friday).
    As it's a free valuation (no fee for the customer) I wonder if that means the mortgage has been approved pending valuation...? I can't imagine they'd pay for the survey if they weren’t confident of offering a mortgage?

Mind games!
  • Khan0965
    Options
    I applied online on Thursday 5th and submitted all documents same day. It’s a joint application with my wife, she received a letter in the post asking her to go online and confirm her details and say she’s happy to go ahead with it etc.

But I’ve heard nothing since. Today (Tuesday 10th) I called HSBC and got through to a call centre in Manila - the gentleman asked if I had received an email for additional information (credit card statement) - I hadn’t. So he said he would re-send the email and I would receive it within 15-20 mins. I waited a couple of hours, heard nothing. So I called back and got through to a UK call centre - very friendly chap, said no notes were on the system but he managed to send the email instantly for me to upload the documents. I have now uploaded the credit card statements.

Online it still says “decision obtained”.

When I spoke to the chap in Manila, he said that the valuation had been done and approved (the free one) - I had no idea of this. He also said the original documents I provided were all checked and accepted. And he said I should hear something within 2 days.

Just gotta wait. But interesting that they do the valuation so quickly. Anyone what a valuation involves? Does someone physically go to the property to check. They must have liaised with the estate agents directly.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Post
    edited 21 February 2020 at 7:33PM
    Options
    -
  • gingerdad
    gingerdad Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Banging my head on the HSBC brick wall currently won't accept the SA302s from my Accountant, so having to request from HMRC which will take two weeks. so annoyed.
    The futures bright the future is Ginger
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport