Longleat concession

Options
We are planning on visiting Longleat next week during half term.

Cam some one please help - there will be for of us (2 adults 2 children) going. 1 child and 1 adult are registered disabled so qualify for the concessionary entry but can the other 2 people (1 adult 1 child) get on as carers?

We don't recieve carers allowance and are not registered as carers because my husband works.

Tia

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,734 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 October 2018 at 9:08AM
    Options
    It's in their terms and conditions.
    Being registered disabled isn't really a thing though - if there's no blue badge, check with them about PIP/DLA awards or what else they would accept as proof. And I think it's unlikely that they would accept a child as a carer. Might depend on the age of the child.

"Any guests able to provide evidence of disability (e.g blue/orange badge or similar) will be entitled to bring a registered carer free of charge per individual Longleat Ticket.

To do this online, please select the type of disabled adult or child ticket that you would like below and select a second free ticket for your complimentary carer. Alternatively, you can purchase a disabled ticket with a complimentary carer when you arrive at our entrance tolls. You will need to present proof of disability to a member of staff when you arrive at Longleat."
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Loubur
    Options
    Thank you it's the "registered carer " bit that confuses me as my husband isn't registered but does care for me and my son of that makes sense x
  • Loubur
    Options
    We have the evidence of disability just not "registered carer"
  • grace68
    grace68 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    we go to longleat a lot, they ask for proof of disability not carer status.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure