Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,820
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    milann wrote: »
    Sorry to hear the charity has wound up Beanie.
    When is your birthday?

End of the month. There is still a lot of work to be done but the end result will be its winding up.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the charity, beanie - I was a committee member for a work related charity about 6 years ago, and it was utterly, utterly horrendous, unbelievably stressful. But it still did useful work! A difficult situation, these things always are.

Yes, there have been many sleepless night over the last 4 years.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Sorry to hear about the charity , why is it being wound up if it has been around for so long ? As for house repairs , they are a nuisance , but need doing unfortunately. When your all paid up on the loan and mortgage, you can have a house repair account instead .

In short lack of funding.
    It has become more & more difficult to secure funding & funding bids seem to take more & more time.
    There are only so many hours in the day & we cant do the work that we need to do to secure funding & secure funding at the same time.

• Beanie having spent a lot of time and lost a lot of sleep recently over the charity regulator's intervention with a client, I think it's better to wind up while things are in good standing than to struggle on and potentially cut corners. Is there any option to engage with a larger charity and see what they can take on from your charity?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Friday already :eek:

Pouring of rain here & not too warm :eek:

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,509
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The rain has been falling here too along with hail and thunder and lightning - loved watching it from the inside but glad I wasn't out in it. Not had heavy rain for a long, long time everywhere smells so fresh.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    I have got a mortgage transfer sorted out apart from the final paperwork, sorted out with my existing lender. No fee to transfer & I know what the rough amount for the next two years will be as it is fixed for two years.
    Then onto the SVR for the very last few months. If I change my mind(!!!) & deceide to go for it the fee is the same as I would pay today.
    At the moment I think I will just pay the amount monthly to go to the end of term as I dont want to pay the ERC. That may change!!
    But so so much more manageable & I know what the payments will be for the next two years :D:D:D.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well done beanie! That sounds a really good deal. Hopefully it will give you some peace of mind too :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Well done beanie! That sounds a really good deal. Hopefully it will give you some peace of mind too :)

Thank you.
    I really hope so.

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Huge frog eaten there Beanie. :T:T:T You can breathe out now :)
    Well done.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family