GNE MSE Exclusive Green 12 Month Fix

weenemo
weenemo Posts: 45 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
I initiated a switch to Green Network Energy through the Cheap Energy Club.
After 7 weeks of hearing nothing, I'd given them a bit of grace in light of having the MSE deal I figured they may be busy, I contacted them to chase up.
The response I have just received from them says that they have no record of my switch, having searched for me by name, postcode and email address. Cheap Energy Club clearly has my "switch in progress" as being to GNE.

GNE have asked that I phone them to register me for "the tariff best suited" to me. I suspect that this means I will not receive the deal that I actually signed up for, though I'll remain open minded until I contact them.

It's so frustrating having just sorted the address attached to my MPAN which had prevented a previous switch (Not GNE's fault, or my current provider as it turns out).

• Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Can anyone tell me what the standing charges and unit rate for the MSE GNE 12 month deal for gas and electricity were so I can do a proper comparison please? I can compare using my current provider but I'd also like to see how that compares to the deal I thought I was getting and will also help me compare to any other tariffs GNE offer me to see whether it's worth still switching to them.

Comments

• bbruce
    bbruce Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I trust it's all sorted now weenemo.
    My switch went smoothly but i'm wondering if it was a smart move as
    I keep getting notifications from the Cheap Energy Club saying i could save money if I switch even after paying the early exit fees.

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • weenemo
    weenemo Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    bbruce wrote: »
    I trust it's all sorted now weenemo.
    My switch went smoothly but i'm wondering if it was a smart move as
    I keep getting notifications from the Cheap Energy Club saying i could save money if I switch even after paying the early exit fees.

I ended up with Octopus, smooth change, no problems and was about the same tariff so I'm happy now, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure