New Life, My DFW Diary!

Comments

• Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Afternoon!!

Well back from the car boot... Sunburnt and very very hot! But I managed to make £56! :D Not a massive amount, be I'm please. I now have a lot more room at home. I've decided to take the rest to the chartity shop. It's not worth selling on Amazon and I can't face another car boot. I've been up since 5.30am :eek:

Now just having a nice tidy up. Had another book sell on Amazon, so that can go in the pile to be posted tomorrow.

So all in all a very good weekend. I've filled my petrol tank, not something I was going to do, but I thought I might as well, I'm in my OD anyway and now have £78 towards it and thought another £13 on Petrol wouldn't hurt.

Anyway must get back to tidying up.

x
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Well done Lucy :D That's great - I understand what you mean about the rest of the stuff though - sometimes you just want rid, eh?

Sea x
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • unique_2
    unique_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Well done with the car boot sale :T Its a lot of money for stuff that wasn't doing anything and all helps :)

Must be running out of bits to sell now,

You're doing so well :)
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,632 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Well done Lucy. carboot sales are hard work but at least you made something worthwhile for your effort.
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Well done Lucy... that's a fab amount!!! x
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That's a great amount, well done! :) I did one last weekend and got a similar amount, and took the rest of the stuff to the charity shops as well. just couldn't face bringing it all back home again! :p x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Lucy1982_2
    I have to admit, it all got sorted in the boot of the car. The box I wanted to keep for next time I face a car boot and the stuff that could go to charity. It's another way of feeling like I am helping a worthy cause to!

Unique - I am slowly running out of things, yes. Although I still have to tackle the attic... But I'm to afraid to do that. But one day I will.

Thanks everyone. It's been a really long day, be well worth while.

x
  • Lucy1982_2
    Morning everyone.

Well I had a very good weekend and had another 2 sales on Amazon last night :T so I'm waiting for £43 to be transfered into my A and L OD today, so that'll be in there by the end of the week :D. I have my Mum picking up some coin bags from the bank today so I can pay in my car boot money tomorrow. Feel like I have made real progress this weekend.

I'm getting a bit closer to the amount I want to have paid off by christmas and everything seems to be ticking along nicely. I have nearly £80 towards my Lloyds account so that is going down to.

So today I am going to post the Amazon parcels and buy a banana as we are completely out at home. But other than that I'm not going to spend anything. Been really good with food as well. Had an icecream at the carboot yesterday, but I can count that so still ok.

But I am going to try and stay positive. I've got loads of books on Amazon and stuff to take to charity so I feel like I'm helping others to.

And the sun is out which always makes me feel better. Have fun everyone

x
  • Lucy1982_2
    Just booked a longer weekend for the bank holiday. Going to visit OH's parents in Lincolnshire. I've just realised that it's going to take about 3 1/2 hours to get there :eek: Luckily I'm not driving....

But starting to look forward to it. We are going to treat it as a holiday and try and get a few trips out while we are there. Nothing to expensive, but just enjoy ourselves.

But I am really hungry today, so I am going to go and eat my apple. I need to try and loss 5 pounds between now and my weekend away.... need to be really good.
  • Lucy1982_2
    just had something else go on Amazon... it's going good!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills