I love this site!

Not sure if i've posted in the right place but I wanted to let you all know that this site and these chat boards have really helped me to save money/cut back/deal with my debts etc.

Few things I've done are:

Switched my gas and elec so its now cheaper, plus they sent me a cheque for £10 for switching.

Cut right back on my shopping so I now only buy what I need (got loads of tips off the old style money saving board). Little things like buying porridge oats instead of the sachets because I thought the sachets were more convenient and buying the spray version of cleaners instead of the wipes.

transferred all my credit card debt to one 0% card and have budgeted to pay off the outstanding within the 9 months.

I'm so much more aware of what I'm spending - before this site I would go for a coffee at lunch with the girls from work and spend £2 in Starbucks when I didn't even fancy a coffee! Now i still go along but sit and chat and dont buy a drink.

Next month I am moving out of my flat and moving in with my sister, this will literall halve my rent/household outgoings. It's going to take a bit of getting used to but I'm so determined to save money and get out of debt that it'll be worth it.

I am still in debt but I feel SO much more confident that i can get out of it and i feel so in control of my money. I still think I overspend in some areas and I'm working to cut back - hopefully one day I'll be as good as money saving as you lot on this site!

keep up the good work!
***PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT***

Reclaimed my bank charges - got £250 back from HSBC and £88 from First Direct :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport