LloydsTSB (merged)

1391392393394395397»

Comments

• lindilou39
    lindilou39 Posts: 927 Forumite
    ronnie3108 wrote: »
    SC&M Tel: 01273 205381
    Fax: 01273 745341
    Now ronnie, funny you should quote that but I tried faxing and phoning last week, either the copier has run out of paper or they are ignoring it, same with phonecalls, the office is always on a coffee break. So you cant Fax, you cant Phone and I suppose they will deny they have had anything in the post, so, a Failed Delivery report on the faxing I have kept, just hope they send out the T&C TSB 1995, that being the bank and the sols.

Lin

P.S. Well Done Kez nice 1 :beer:
  • lindilou39
    In my oppinion that is a good offer and if I were you I would accept it.

Lin
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    roakes wrote: »
    Hey all,

My claim is with Lloyds for £578.20 (inc Interest)

Been through all the usual steps with Lloyds to the point of MCOL which cost me £80, it said Lloyds had until the 21st to respond. I got a letter today from them basically saying they will give me £519 within 10 working days, not actually asking if I want to settle for this amount and it says "please treat this letter as our final response". Do I have to tell them I don't want it and want the full £578.20 + the £80 court fees? Or do I just ignore it and let the court process continue?

It says if I am still unhappy I should take it up with the financial ombudsman.

What do I do?

Thanks for your help

Russ

This letter sounds like it is from the bank, not their solicitors.

As it is a full and final settlement, write back to the bank, politely refusing it. Continue your claim.

As you have commenced court proceedings, you cannot now refer your claim to the Financial Ombudsman.

Please read Martin’s article and the Reclaim Bank Charges Help thread.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • ronnie3108
    ronnie3108 Posts: 43 Forumite
    lindilou39 wrote: »
    Now ronnie, funny you should quote that but I tried faxing and phoning last week, either the copier has run out of paper or they are ignoring it, same with phonecalls, the office is always on a coffee break. So you cant Fax, you cant Phone and I suppose they will deny they have had anything in the post, so, a Failed Delivery report on the faxing I have kept, just hope they send out the T&C TSB 1995, that being the bank and the sols.

Lin

P.S. Well Done Kez nice 1 :beer:

Lindilou. Those are the numbers we got hold of them on, albeit it was about 3-4 weeks ago. I can totall believe that they've left the fax machine without paper and are ignoring the phone calls. They've probably moved offices without telling anyone and can deny all knowledge of receipt of claims - as they have chosen to do in our case by asking the court to set aside our judgement by default cos they supposedly never received the court claim.
    This is playground antics for a supposed bunch of professional solicitors
  • roakes
    roakes Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ah ok will do, thanks for the advice. It is definitely from the bank and not solicitors and I don't want to settle as they are offering less than I am asking for and also not taking into account my court fees. I will press on :)
  • lindilou39
    ronnie3108 wrote: »
    Lindilou. Those are the numbers we got hold of them on, albeit it was about 3-4 weeks ago. I can totall believe that they've left the fax machine without paper and are ignoring the phone calls. They've probably moved offices without telling anyone and can deny all knowledge of receipt of claims - as they have chosen to do in our case by asking the court to set aside our judgement by default cos they supposedly never received the court claim.
    This is playground antics for a supposed bunch of professional solicitors
    Thats ok ronnie they can ignore me if they want I dont mind am used to being ignored lol.. However, when the time comes that I have to submit evidence to them and the courts it will be going by overnight courier, pricey I know, but worth it, No way am I trusting Royal Mail Recorded or Special Delivery, as most are using this system to communicate, most letters (recorded) are being signed for as a Mass and not individual, so I shall post mine from work using one of our couriers, its worth thinking about as all Individual Items are signed for..and its approximately £4.00 - £5.00 depending on weight of course.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure