Need help with credit report.

Options
In the past I opened two student overdrafts and used one for an ISA. I didn't realise that I had to make regular repayments into this account (call me stupid but I just assumed it would be better to pay off in one lump sum)

This seems to have messed upmy credit rating.

I have an excellent payment record on my other borrowing. However the payment record on this one looks really really bad!

In last 36 months, number of status 1-2 is: 2 number of status 3+ is: 21

AH!

the two earliest entries in this payment history are "six late payment" boxes. Two of them together! The problem with this account is that two of these could equate to late payments over 5 years. There are ten [0] boxes in front of this.

How badly will this have affected my credit rating? I have no other problems, I wouldn't dream of missing a single payment on a credit card (I'ev always paid the whole balance off every month) but I just didn't realise the Overdraft was treated in the same way. The irony is, those late payments were made when I had the most money!

To make matters worse they've only ever sent me a warning about late payments once. I had no idea how this was affecting my credit rating, the person who signed me up to the acconut actually encouraged me to get the account OD and put the money in an ISA.

21 late payments?

Please no!

The point is I didn't even need to borry the bloody money at the time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure