NWL Supportplus..reduced my bill by 20%

I apologise if this has been referred to elsewhere, but I cant find any reference to it, and thought it was too good to miss...

Having been a member for around 15 years, I think I am fairly savvy on saving money...until yesterday....

I got my water bill from NWL yesterday...its gone up again...now over £500 a year....there seemed to be a lot of paper with it this time, so having nothing to do I read it....

I came across a page that explains it is possible to get up to 50% reduction on the bill if your family income is less than £16k a year...By income it means wages, benefits and pensions, and thats where the means testing stops.... I thought I would try for it, and after submitting my pension/pension credit letters from the DSS I was surprised 2 days later to get an email saying I was entitled to a 20% reduction....dropping my £500+bill to less than £400.....and they'll notify me next year when its time to claim again....brilliant

Having said "brilliant" I'm a bit annoyed that I havent noticed this in the past, as would have been able to claim for previous years...I've tried to find out on line when this scheme ws introduced, with no luck, and cant find anything on MSE about it, using simple search terms like "support plus", "supportplus" or "water bill reduction".....As I said earlier, I'll delete this post if this topic has been discussed elswhere....
I can't understand why it isn't mentioned in Martin's Newsletter or anywhere in the Cheaper Water discussion...

I don't know if this just applies to NWL customers or its nationwide.
Couponing....."every little hurts"

Half of the people can be part right all of the time, Some of the people can be all right part of the time.
But all the people can't be all right all the time. .........I think Abraham Lincoln said that.
"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours, "I said that............................ Bob Dylan 1963

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Never seen that before .
    But i am know on a meter and that cuts bill by 50%.

google says
    https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=water+bills+Supportplus
  • leadhead
    leadhead Posts: 2,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Now that Ive got this reduction, I'll go for a meter and just use my water virtually the same way....That way I'll be able to see if its a genuine saving with out consciously cutting down....If it doesnt save me much money, I'll just go back to billing. We've got quite a big garden, which is my other halves pride and joy, so cant let it be starved of water...(We gather rain water as well)

We had a blocked underground sewer pipe a couple of years back which covered the 4 properties on our corner.....the other 3 were on water meters and I found it very hard to get them to run their taps to try and clear it....I was the only one not on a meter, so did the majority of the flushing!!!...theres moneysaving and theres tight!!
    Couponing....."every little hurts"

Half of the people can be part right all of the time, Some of the people can be all right part of the time.
    But all the people can't be all right all the time. .........I think Abraham Lincoln said that.
    "I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours, "I said that............................ Bob Dylan 1963
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure