New 47kg LPG what are you paying thread

Options

Comments

• Forestdan
    Options
    £67.88 per 47KG bottle Nottingham (Flogas)
  • Forestdan wrote: »

You should ask them why some customers in the E Midlands are paying £10 less maybe?
  • Dean000000
    Options
    venison wrote: »
    You should ask them why some customers in the E Midlands are paying £10 less maybe?

Cos it’s a dive?
  • neilsavage
    Options
    We buy our 47Kg bottles from the owner of the caravan site where our static caravan is sited, currently paying £65 a bottle. You can get them cheaper by searching around the area but then it's the problem of loading the empty bottle into the car and then replacing with the full bottle etc.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dean000000 wrote: »
    Cos it’s a dive?

And you know that because?:eek:
  • Forestdan
    Options
    venison wrote: »

We have asked Flogas for a cheaper price and they just said thats the price your more than welcome to leave if your not happy! Great customer service :eek:
  • fewkeste
    Options
    Forestdan wrote: »

I'm in Nottingham and my Flogas online account shows 47Kg cylinders are £54.97 inc. VAT delivered. Is your price from Flogas or a Flogas reseller?
  • Forestdan
    Options
    Fewkeste,

We get it direct form Flogas. Spoke to them yesterday as we have fount it cheaper from Energas at £54.60 in VAT and delivered.

We told Flogas and they said they can’t sell it that cheap as Flogas wouldnt make any money on it. The best they can do is knock £5.00 off a bottle bringing it down to are £61 :(

Which we know is totally crap! A big company like that can match the price of a small local supplier?
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Forestdan wrote: »

We told Flogas and they said they can’t sell it that cheap as Flogas wouldnt make any money on it. The best they can do is knock £5.00 off a bottle bringing it down to are £61 :(

Flogas are talking nonsense as they are already offering that price to me. Maybe the price depends on your usage (or anticipated usage.) I use 5 or 6 cylinders per year but get them from Calor at present as they are cheaper at the moment at £52.90 inc. VAT.

I order 5 at a time to spread the £5 delivery charge. Even sharing the delivery charge over 5 cylinders it makes Calor £53.90 each - still cheaper than the Flogas £54.97 price.

How many cylinders a year will you use?
  • Forestdan
    Options
    Last year we use 12 cyclinders :(

Down to a rubbish boiler! So you can imagine how much its cost us per year. We are fighting a losing battle at the mintue.

Trying to live with a faulty boiler that is guzzling gas.

During colder months its around 1/1.5 bottles every 6/7 days!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback