MERGED: Equigas/Equipower

Anybody use Equipower on one of the comparison sites they come out cheaper than Scottish Power

Comments

• COS
    COS Posts: 550 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Quote taken from ther sources.

EBICo Ltd is the provider of the UK's only socially equitable Gas and Electricity supply tariffs.

EQUIGAS and EQUIPOWER are the only tariffs in the country that offer a fair price to all energy consumers. This is because they offer the same unit rate to everyone, regardless of how much you use or how you pay.
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi,hope someone can provide info.
    After looking through the switch sites it looks like Equipower & Equigas would be my better option,but does anyone have feedback on this company and is there anyway of getting cashback/rebate,(Greasypalm.Rpoints?)

Thanks
    Derrick
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• I am a user of both equipower and equigas.

I am quarterly billed for both.

I am very pleased with the service. The switch was smooth, both meters are read every quarter and then billed on, and they even manage to put both bills in the same envelope (which is much better than the mess Powergen made of my account when they tried to combine my accounts to produce one bill).

Billing is handled by Southern Electric on behalf of Ebico Ltd, but I can't actually comment on the quality of the customer service number because I have never needed to use it.

Two weeks after I first joined the estimate for my gas account was way out so I rang the 0800 meter read number, and received an amended bill in the post TWO DAYS LATER. Powergen couldn't manage that for me in two weeks.

Personally, would whole heartedly recommend.
  • derrick
    Thanks chalktalk,I think I wil change to them

• alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Has anyone heard of or had dealings with this ethical company who seem to charge a fixed rate per unit of energy used?

http://www.ebico.co.uk/
  • they are one of the best for gas price so i have just switched
  • derrick
    Have just switched from B G they where cheaper for me

• I have been a customer of both for more than a year.Very pleased as I am a low user.

My expectations may not seem very high, but after moret han two years of being messed about by Powergen all I wanted was

* My meter to be read every quarter (or at least a reading I give to be used)AND
    * To be billed for what I have actually used

Not much to ask.. and it is exactly what I have received. And due to my consumption I am actually saving money versus the discounted direct debit plan that kept putting me in £300 credit each year that I always had to fight to get back.
  • Having decided this evening that I should prevaricate no more and switch again, I bit the bullet & started bamboozling myself with various comparison sites & energy tariffs. Came over to mse for a quick check on this forum to find this. Search over.

Am none too keen on religion personally (though each to their own), but working in the housing & support field for more years than I care to remember, I and many co-workers both past & present have been angry about the completely unfair surcharge levied on low-income groups who generally have little choice but to pay extortionate pre-payment meter tariffs.

I currently work as a resettlement worker, & won't bore you with my horrendous experience with British Gas in December when helping a service user move into a new flat, but if this goes smoothly I'll definitely be spreading the word.

They may not be the very cheapest, but they certainly get my vote. Thank you.
  • koru
    koru Posts: 1,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Don't they lock you in to a 12 month contract, or some other lock in? Personally, I prefer to be free to move.
    koru
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport