PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• puffintail
    puffintail Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Do you know the title number involved please?

Wow what a quick reply, thank you. I don't have it to hand but I'll find it for you when I get home from work.
  • puffintail
    puffintail Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Do you know the title number involved please?

WK482472

Thank you
    Sian
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,776 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    puffintail wrote: »
    WK482472

Thank you
    Sian

Many thanks. Unfortunately no application has as yet been submitted to update the register.
    Once it is the current average timescale is 9 working days
    I'd suggest contacting the conveyancer dealing with the submission for clarification as to when they will be submitting it
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi There,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this...

I am in the process of selling my flat but my buyers solicitor has raised an issue with the ground rent clause in the lease, rendering it defective.

I bought the flat in April 2015, when the developer was the freeholder and the Lease was for 125 years.The Freehold has since been bought by a large (very difficult to contact) company middle of last year.

The Lease states that that the ground rent payable from 2014 - 2038 is £200, increasing to £300 from 2038 - 2064. From 2064 to 2089 the ground rent is £400...but it does not state what the ground rent is for the remainder of the term of the Lease (50 years).

Are you able to advise if this does in fact mean the lease is defective? And if so, does the deed of variation that would be needed qualify as a simple one, or am I looking at at least 57 days to respond to a request?

Many thanks for any advice you can share.
  • Land_Registry
    Pegstar wrote: »
    Hi There,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this...

I am in the process of selling my flat but my buyers solicitor has raised an issue with the ground rent clause in the lease, rendering it defective.

I bought the flat in April 2015, when the developer was the freeholder and the Lease was for 125 years.The Freehold has since been bought by a large (very difficult to contact) company middle of last year.

The Lease states that that the ground rent payable from 2014 - 2038 is £200, increasing to £300 from 2038 - 2064. From 2064 to 2089 the ground rent is £400...but it does not state what the ground rent is for the remainder of the term of the Lease (50 years).

Are you able to advise if this does in fact mean the lease is defective? And if so, does the deed of variation that would be needed qualify as a simple one, or am I looking at at least 57 days to respond to a request?

Many thanks for any advice you can share.

No we can't advise you on whether it makes it defective or not. Very much one for your legal adviser to cover for you.

If the variation is to change something other than the leased extent or actual term then it would be a 'simple one' and providing everything was in order the average of 9 working days applies.
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • suziequ
    suziequ Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    HI, not sure if this is the correct place to post, but here goes ....

Our new neighbours have recently had a driveway done, and the guys that were doing the work, cut into his Virgin Media cable and when it was repaired they wouldnt lay it under his new driveway so instead they left it above ground.

My neighbour has taken it upon himself to lay the cable under my land ..

Can he do this?

What will happen if I have a driveway and his virgin media brakes?

Im not happy at all, is there anything that I can do?

Thanks in advance

:)
  • Land_Registry
    suziequ wrote: »
    HI, not sure if this is the correct place to post, but here goes ....

Our new neighbours have recently had a driveway done, and the guys that were doing the work, cut into his Virgin Media cable and when it was repaired they wouldnt lay it under his new driveway so instead they left it above ground.

My neighbour has taken it upon himself to lay the cable under my land ..

Can he do this?

What will happen if I have a driveway and his virgin media brakes?

Im not happy at all, is there anything that I can do?

Thanks in advance

:)

Not something we can advise you or assist on I'm afraid other than you can check who owns what land. although you already know that.

It's legal advice you need here although others on MSE may be able to offer some advice/guidance of course albeit on a separate thread if 'silence' ensues on this one
  • suziequ
    suziequ Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks, TBH I started this post as and then deleted it and started again, the back story of this is that I have new neighbours, who have had a new driveway, our driveways are not divided by a straight line but have a curve and they have gone to the edge with their driveway and cut across the top of the curve so taking some of my land. They didn't discuss this with me to let me know what they were doing, so I am obviously not happy. I just dont think its fair that they can just do that and get away with it and then bury their cables under my land
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    suziequ wrote: »
    Thanks, TBH I started this post as and then deleted it and started again, the back story of this is that I have new neighbours, who have had a new driveway, our driveways are not divided by a straight line but have a curve and they have gone to the edge with their driveway and cut across the top of the curve so taking some of my land. They didn't discuss this with me to let me know what they were doing, so I am obviously not happy. I just dont think its fair that they can just do that and get away with it and then bury their cables under my land
    As the rep says, this is not a Land registration problem.

Best tostart your own thread. Click 'New thread'!
  • nodosh3
    nodosh3 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi, I am separating from my husband who wants to remain in the marital home. Meanwhile I have found somewhere else to live and want to buy it. If he pays me to buy my share and I buy another property do I have to pay extra stamp duty as effectively I am still a homeowner as my name is on the current marital home. Can I avoid paying this by deferring my purchase (not too long I hope) until I transfer our joint property to him or will I still have to pay the additional duty. My understanding is that if I transfer it all to him using form TR1 and he pays me, I can buy my own place and only pay one lot of stamp duty and not the additional for second ownership. I am not trying to avoid paying what is due, but it will not be a second home, as I am hoping the transfer can be completed before I actually buy myself another property in my name only. I want to do this as quickly as possible as I need to move out, but if the transfer takes a long time (how long does it take?) will I have to pay stamp duty as it is technically a second home? Any advice appreciated. Also, is it easy enough to do the transfer myself on the TR1? Thank you
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback