The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March 2019 at 7:34PM
    Skinty we dont have any choice.

I have spent today chilling and doing housework. :j I've still got to mop the floors. Supermarket shop was £35 (£10 spent on travel) and I bought some yellow stickered herb plants to put in garden.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    It is gorgeous outside which is great after the last few days of rain and storms. Today I'm going to mark and help handyman when he comes.
  • savingwannabe
    I have done much of the extra work. I will have more to do this weekend and hopefully that is it.

I withdrew £10 to pay for a work do and £5 sponsorship.£5 left to last till end of week.
  • Did you manage till the end if the week on a fiver SW ? Hope you manage to finish the extra work this weekend. What has your handyman been fixing for you ? Hope it wasn't too expensive
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    hello my lovely, yes £5 was fine till the end of the week I finished spending it yesterday on crisps!

I have plenty in my freezer and fruit too so I am not going without. I love having a no council tax month! and having a no ebay month means I can save extra - hurrah.

I have done some housework, washed some clothes and line dried them. Just some work prep to do for the rest of the weekend.
  • Well done you on lasting on that £5!

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    Hello Dolly,

I am going to withdraw £10 today and hopefully make it last till payday. Now that I am not buying from ebay I am saving loads. I have to go to work for a meeting late this afternoon. Right now I am mowing the grass. I would like to finish most of it today. :j
  • It's so sunny today!

Loving it.

Oh Ebay is both the best and worst thing :rotfl:

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    I have £400 extra to put to savings as I haven't spent on fleabay and didn't have to pay council tax this month. I am also paying my credit card payment off early too. Roll on Friday.
  • Yayyyyyyy!!

Dxxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family